• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humorous replies to questions from ignorant strangers.

Judith

Crohnsforum Science Advisor
Here is a post-trail started by CLynn regarding a funny response she gave to a question she was just tired of hearing from strangers:

See, David, you read my mind. That was the other reason I was trying it, lol! I really try not to complain, many people have psoriasis much worse than me, but it's on my knees and elbows, and I wear skirts and such for work. Get tired of answering the same question..."what's that on your knees?", etc.
Judy: I bet it gets Very annoying. I am sure you get the questions from random strangers too. Some people really just dont get it......

Last edited:
I bet it gets Very annoying. I am sure you get the questions from random strangers too. Some people really just dont get it......
CLynn: LOL! YEs, it gets very annoying, and many random people. I expect it from children, that never bothers me (might embarrass me sometimes, lol) And....I have a twisted sense of humor and a rather large sarcastic streak, so once, when working at the car dealership, after the umpteeth time answering that question, I told one of the salesmen that it was rug burns! :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:

Judith

Judy: Hahaha..... but did you tell him how you received those rug burns?

Tell people it is an old Shuffleboard injury......

or

you are a professional full-contact golf player and you had to "take one for the team". :)

Last edited:
CLynn: (Snicker, snicker)...Nah, I let him draw his own conclusions. Of course, I turned red as I turned to go, but...
Those are great, I will use those! We have the same sense of humor! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Judith

CLynn had me laughing so hard- I was curious what funny responses you guys have given in similar situations..... I bet there are some really creative and funny ones out there!:lol2:

Last edited: