• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Husbands

I should probably vent here, so I don't go off on the husband! I'm pretty frustrated right now.

Last weekend the husband had a 3-day weekend and he came down with a cold and stayed in bed all..freaking..weekend. Then was better and worked all week, and now today, it was suppose to be my day to sleep in because the baby has been getting up at 4:30 a.m. this week and I'm feeling seriously drained, well, he got the baby out of bed, but then didn't shut my door, so when she walked into my room and saw me in bed, of course she wasn't going to let daddy take her out of the room without me! Plus, he's been sleeping all day again, so not only did I not get to have a little extra sleep, I'm taking care of Sadie all day by myself again. I know, she's my daughter, and I love her very much, but since moving out here to Cali away from family it's always just me all day every day, so sometimes I look forward to reinforcements on the weekends.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated, and i feel a bit guilty for being angry at him. I just never get a day to rest and lay in bed all day, even when i'm feeling really crappy. So.. that's my rant for the day! Sorry if I sound like the spoiled brat I feel like. :/

My husband does the same things sometimes too. It's very frustrating. Sometimes I don't think they realize just how hard it is.
You don't sound like a spoiled brat! Besides, we all deserve to be spoiled sometimes!

You are not spoiled at all. You are sick, and raising a child while being sick is Very hard and exhausting. Only a mom could understand that. I also notice, and no offense to you guys out there, But "some" guys act like babies when they get sick I noticed. I mean to stay in bed all weekend because of a cold, really???? I use to have to go to work when I had tha flu, then I had to come home and take care of my son. My son is now older so I am lucky in that respect. I cannot even imagine how hard it is for you being sick and having to care for a little one, that has got to be so hard, so No you are not spoiled at all. You are tired, which is natural with all you are dealing with.. You deserve a little TLC too !!

Thanks guys :). I guess I'm still bitter because we moved all the way across the country from our families, so I use to have help. And lately, I'm just so run down and in a horrible mood. I miss my family, but also miss the help I would have. I know it is what it is, but dang. He just got out of bed for the day. At 5pm! Seriously? I never get to do that!

Thanks for listening an the understanding :) I don't feel so guity now.

Oh the open door trick! :thumbdown:
I thought my hubby created that.
The kids climb on the bed and jump on your stomach and look so cute :rosette2:and then he (hubby) comes in and whispers......mommy's trying to sleep. :cool:
Now I'm not the sick one Grace is but when your up at night with her two years in a row. A sleep in, is not to much to ask. :shifty-t:
My hubby is a farmer, so nap is MY time. Some times he'll nap after me.
Of course (insert evil laugh here:ylol:) if he :yfrown:"accidentally" leave the door open when I'm napping......it might :yfrown:"accidentally" happen to him.
I notice:shifty-t: no open doors lately (insert victory laugh here:ylol:) .

I love the way you think farmwife!!!

I never do that to him though! Seriously, he totally knows the once she sees me it's all over! lol. I ask for one sleep in day in a couple of months and he does that! His excuse was that he didn't notice she ran back there. Hmmm... At 5:45 am, I could have killed him!

I have always felt it was my husbands job to help me with the kids when I was sick.

Him, not.so much.

I am sorry your having such hard time!

I am sorry your not happy in San Diego, I plan on running away to there someday!

lauren

San Diego really is great, it's just not home! :)

Seems most men think alike!

He's pretty good at helping out normally, I just have to remind him that I'm not always super mom/wife/housekeeper/chef! I need some much deserved downtime.

Oh well. Tomorrow morning at 5:00 am hen Sadie wakes up, I'm playing dead and making him get up with her!

Jer

I got to sleep in today! Well, after Brooke woke up at 5:30 and my wife took her down stairs, I went back to bed till 7:30!

Monday through Sat, I'm up at 4:45-5am and I let my wife and Brooke sleep till about 6:30-45am......who knows how late they sleep on Sat. lol

I agree, you gotta get that one day to get at least that extra hour of sleep.

Sometimes I wake my daughter up Sat morning right before walking out the door for work, just to get my wife. lol

Wow jer!! Way I rub it in! lol :)

Yet again I was up this morning with the kid and I'm in a serious bitchy mood. The hubs keeps trying to be nice but I am just not having it. Yes, I'm mean, but I'm so effing tired!!