• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hydration

Lynda Lynda

What do you drink to stay hydrated ?
[ for example : if a person has a lot of diarrhea due to their IBD, they would have to make sure they don't get dehydrated. ]

I know that water is the logical answer, but what about Gatorade or drinks like that ?

Lynda

my little penguin

Staff member
My kiddo was told pedialyte or Gatorade .
That said if he was have 10 or more bm a day considered excessive diarrhea his Gi would have him go to the ER for iv fluids and be admitted .

check with your Gi on protocols on when it’s too much , what to drink ,and when ER iv fluids are needed .

Bufford

I drink water at regular intervals and take a sip or two each time I wake up at night, which is several times. I also like juice, typically orange juice for breakfast, and sometimes a rum and orange juice in the evenings. Apple juice for lunch, but I stay away from pop due to the carbonation and sugar content.