• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hypo/hyper thyroidism

For those of you with the above, this article may be of interest.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/09/130916161735.htm

I am hypo but I have immense trouble regulating my body temperature(both highs and lows). My doctor dismissed it as overreacting as I am not of menopause age (quite a long way from it) and traditionally hypo is associated to being cold.

I partially thought the increased temp after eating is metabolic because of my IBD but perhaps it is actually entirely thyroid related.

Interesting that now they suspect the temp regulation mechanism is defective whether hypo or hyper. It makes sense, and I imagine they drew previous associations from general trends in patients as opposed to proper investigation of body temperature regulation

I'm going to follow up with my doctor to see if they have any revised treatment plan of late