• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I am 22 weeks pregnant and I need some advice.

Ok I am 22 weeks pregnant and I have had some bleeding in my rectal area. I also have cramping and lower back pain and and having very heavy discharge. My pelvic region is also feeling very weird every 5 minutes or more often it feels like there is a bubble popping and I it also feels like I have to urinate which I do not. I don't know what is going on or what I should do. I have both Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. I have had a remicade treatment about 3 weeks ago please help.

Honestly I four children and I didnt have this with any of them. I only have Crohns but this does not sound good. I would call your OB and your GI, i could be your disease acting up from the pregnancy and the weight of the baby or it could be the pregnancy being affected by active disease, you should get checked out to make sure there is no harm done to the baby or yourself. Shannon

Yes, you should call your OB or Midwife and get checked for a urinary tract infection and also for a possible vaginal infection (I was on Pred for my entire third pregnancy and I got yeast infections all the time! Gardnerella and Strep B infections can also occur during pregnancy and on immune suppressants.) You should also call your GI doc and see if they want you to come in. You don't want to mess around with these diseases during pregnancy.

On other hand, some of the symptoms you describe can be normal during pregnancy, so don't panic, but you should get checked out. The baby at this time is really starting to push on your other organs, so you can feel lower back pain and that need to urinate. Is it possible that the bubble feeling is the baby moving or the baby having hiccups? I've been teaching pre-natal and childbirth classes for five years, and even "normal" women get all kinds of odd pregnancy symptoms!