• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I am a celiac on a Crohn's forum Hi!

Hello all,

I don't have Crohn's, I have celiac disease instead. I joined because I thought there might be some questions about the gluten free diet that I could help answer. My younger brother had both Crohn's and celiac disease and passed many years ago. Since then I developed or discovered that I have celiac disease which explained an awful lot of things. I have been on the gluten free diet for a little over 4 years now. While that doesn't make me an expert on GF I least have a good story usually. :~)

I have some thyroid problems, mostly hypo due to a cyst and some nodes. That's ok I take pills for that. I have some nerve damage in my left arm (accident) which causes my typing to get out of whack quite often. Mostly I catch those and fix them but not always.

Anyway, I am not an expert on much of anything really, especially Crohn's. I still have trouble spelling it sometimes. But I hope to be able to contribute something positive along the way. If I get out of line please feel free to smack me upside the head and say '"stupid celiac, that doesn't work for us!" I won't mind at all.

Anyhow, glad to be here and nice to meet you all. I have lurked at this forum in the past years but never joined until now. I do feel we (celiacs and Crohnies) are somewhat brothers in arms as they say. We both fight the same kind of battle, just in different ways.

Oh, I am mid-50's 6 feet and 200 lbs, gray hair and I do make art for fun. Mostly encaustic paintings.

My cat is named Muffin and she is gray too.

Angrybird

Hello and thank you for joining us. Have you had a look at our diet and sups forum at all? If not pls do have a good nosy there as I think it will be here that your knowledge of diet will be very helpful. I agree that there is a fair few symtoms that we get are the same when things are not right and even some of the long term effects can be similar so I hope that you even get some helpful advice from here as well.

xxx

Thanks for the welcome Angrytweety, :)

Yes, I will take a look. I expect I will learn some things here. A different view point is always helpful to expand one's thinking. I don't think I am too old to learn a few new tricks anyway. We will see I guess. Woof woof! :ysmile: You all seem like a great bunch to get to know.

David

Co-Founder
Hey there and welcome! That's really cool of you to join and offer your insight. It is greatly appreciated. I think there's a lot of people here with gluten sensitivity so your presence is no doubt going to be invaluable :)

Thanks for the welcome David! I don't know, but I think we can all learn something from each other. Although I can be a slow learner at time... :) I will see you around the forum then1 :)