• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I am a newby HELLO

I have only just discovered this forum and look forward to getting to you all.

My name for here is Pinkevie23, I have had problems with my bowels since I was around 10. It got worse after 18.

I had the usual tests, sigmoidoscupy (sorry not a good speller), colonoscupy, they found crohns in my small intestine.

When I turned 51, I had a car accident which caused a lot of breakages in my body due to the crohns and was given some powerful drugs and put together again with metal rods and screws and eventually could walk again, in a fashion :rof: I walk like a penquin, with my bottom sticking out and in need of crutches.

I take Colofac and Immodium and avoid foods like salads, fresh vegitables, milk products, so have a very limited diet, usually soft foods like soups and toast are my staple diet. I was also taking Pentasa but had to stop taking it after a few months because it stop me producing white blood cells.

Any way, my gut problems got worse, so last year I had another colonoscupy where they also found colitis in my large instestine :ybatty:.

So I am now unable to work and in need of things to keep me occupied, luckily, I tire very easily and do sleep a lot, so not many waking hours.

Hello ronroush7, nice to have a reply from you. So much to read on this forum, I am learning about new drugs, not sure if they are allowed in Wales but will still research them any way.

I didn't know this forum is World Wide, so interesting reading about how other parts of the World treat people with Crohns and Colitis.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum
It is surprising that you have not been offered Remicade or Humira for long term treatment of Crohns.
It might be worth asking your doctors about this form of treatment which is quite commonly used here although expensive.
Hope you are feeling better right now....you have certainly had a lot to contend with.
Feel better soon

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Sassylittle
Welcome to the forum
How are you...perhaps you will tell us more about yourself soon