• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I am new to this.

Good beautiful September morning. I am new to this site and not very computer savvy but will try. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at the age of 47 as a result of emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction. I was told at that time I had probably had the disease from the age of 17 or 1 Nearly 4 years on Prednisone followed with my experiencing every single side effect and then some.
In 2008, I had a second bowel resection but in spite of trying all the medications available and a bout of pancreatitis after taking Imuran, I can't seem to sustain a prolonged period of wellness. I am currently injecting Humira weekly but have a very uncomfortable case of eczema in and around my ears, on my head, my forearms and even worse in the entire area of my privates and rear end. Two dermatologists insist the eczema is not a result of using Humira. I use three different types of steroid creams, lotions and salves to keep the itch at by. It is awful. Upon the advice of my gastroenterologist, I am considering switching to Remicade. I am wondering if that is the solution.
By the way, I am a 69 year old very active lady with quite a large family none of whom seem to "get" what I am going through even after all these years.

Hello and Welcome. You will find a lot of people in this forum who will understand what you are going thru. I hope that if you decide to switch to remicade it will work wonders for you. Sending hugs and support.