• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I am undiagnosed my doctor believes I have Crohn's

Hello, I am new to this forum. My story starts back in April when vomiting and diarrhea started. Found out early May I had gastric ulcers was in the hospital for 6 days. Was put on Protonix twice a day. Was feeling better then symptoms began again started running low grade fevers too. GI wanted me to have a Colonoscopy (the prep made me very sick) did have Colonoscopy everything came back normal except for some inflammation in June had another endoscopy to make sure ulcers were healing they are all healed up. Still having sytomoys I have a low grade fever every day fever is worse and always comes when I have a bowel movement , bowel movement can go from normal to constipation to diarrhea and I always get nauseous, light headed and break out in a sweat. Most of the time after I have to go lay down until these spells pass. My doctor believes I have Crohn's on Aug 7 the I will be having a video capsule endoscopy done. Anyone else with the same symptoms as me I just want to get back to a normal life. Thank you for reading

Hi there - boy, so sorry to hear of your struggles!

Do you know if they took any biopsies during your colonoscopy?

This forum has a great wiki - here's a page that links to tons of info on diagnostic tests, if you haven't already seen it: http://www.crohnsforum.com/wiki/Crohns-Disease
Have you had blood work done? Stool samples?

Have you talked with your GI about the persistent fevers? I'm wondering if they could get the pill cam done sooner so that you might have some answers.

Hi yes I did have biopsies taken both for Colonoscopy and second Endoscopy both came back normal. Family and GI are both having a hard time getting my iron up also hyboglobin dropped in a months time. Have not had blood work for Crohn's I will mention that to my doctor. Aug7th is the soonest I can get an appointment for the pill can. Thanks for the info I will be looking at that. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

Hello, I am new to this forum. My story starts back in April when vomiting and diarrhea started. Found out early May I had gastric ulcers was in the hospital for 6 days. Was put on Protonix twice a day. Was feeling better then symptoms began again started running low grade fevers too. GI wanted me to have a Colonoscopy (the prep made me very sick) did have Colonoscopy everything came back normal except for some inflammation in June had another endoscopy to make sure ulcers were healing they are all healed up. Still having sytomoys I have a low grade fever every day fever is worse and always comes when I have a bowel movement , bowel movement can go from normal to constipation to diarrhea and I always get nauseous, light headed and break out in a sweat. Most of the time after I have to go lay down until these spells pass. My doctor believes I have Crohn's on Aug 7 the I will be having a video capsule endoscopy done. Anyone else with the same symptoms as me I just want to get back to a normal life. Thank you for reading
Hi and welcome.
I don't have quite the same symptoms, but when you mentioned your bowel is about to give out and you get a fever, I think I know a little about what you mean. Possibly. I feel like I get a hot flash (not menopausal) and I just feel yuck (like it's sapping all my energy and lying down can be the best thing I can do. Then it's a trip to the bathroom. I get the constipation more than I get diarrhea. But even a semi-regular bowel movement can initiate that fever. I generally tend to be the first to feel the cold, but lately I've been complaining that it's so hot (not weather-related). I suspect low grade fever when I'm like this. Good luck with the pill cam. I was not a candidate unfortunately. I hope you get to feeling better soon.