• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I appreciate the knowledge on this board.

Hello. I am a newish member whose teenaged son spent a week in hospital with pain and d after losing 20 pounds in the summer. Drs at 3 children's hospitals conferred on his scopes and biopsies and said he was very unusual bc he did not exactly fit crohns profile. They put him on pred and immediately he started to improve. Two weeks later his scopes were clean. He has weaned off pred (That was an ugly experience), then did two weeks of EEN, and now has completed three months on about 70 percent crazy strict SCD and 30 percent EN. He is doing great for now. Who knows what is ahead.

You have been such a source of support and knowledge. I have so many questions and so far I've found answers in your stories. I have bags under my eyes from staying up until 2am reading most nights!

I just wanted to thank you. I'm sure there are many others like me out here who benefit from what you share. One day I hope to give back. For now I just take all that is here! I won't cloud this post with my many questions...later!

I hope 2015 brings good things for all of you.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks so much for the update Optimistic. :)

It is so fab to read that your son is doing well and long may that continue!

Sending much luck and well wishes for 2015 and may he end the year as it started…doing great! :ghug:

:mademyday:

Dusty. xxx