• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I can't look at people anymore

I have had crohn's for 10 years now and it has been mostly really bad and on top of that I have ankylosing spondylitis

lately when I go out somewhere I see happy people riding there bikes walking they're dogs having fun with the kid's etc...

I'm 34 mostly no friends as they have disappeared over the years as sometimes I have been to ill to do anything or when someone comes over all I could think of was going back to bed to cause I was feeling poorly and all the chit chat just did my head in if that makes sense.

Now everytime I look on facebook everyone my age is posting pictures of holidays with the kids or epic wedding photos or people with they're partners kissing and cuddling and sitting in bars.

I have become disgusted with people having a wonderfull normal life while I can hardly sit on a park bench or go for a long drive i just cant look at life anymire around me has anyone gone through this before with crohns

I went through a period like that. I wish I had good advice to pass along. Best to you. The mental aspect of dealing with these IBD conditions is under appreciated and not well understood in the medical field from my experience.

Bufford

I lived like that for about 40 years, then came surgery and thankfully I made it to retirement and life is manageable now. Hang in there, the valleys of darkness can be a long walk, but there is a good chance that the sun will one day shine down on you as it has for me.

I have gone through feelings like that, more so a couple of years ago in my mid twenties. As everyone was starting there lives, cars, jobs, marriage, holidays, houses and nice nights out. But then i felt literally in a stagnant era. Just not progressing, not feeling like a adult should as i couldnt do or afford to do what i should be. Ive moved now and hopefully finally getting married january which has helped. But it does suck, i dont hate others for doing it. But i just wish i could too. Funny thing is, some people think we have it easy with no stress from mortgage, bills, kids, work etc. Ill take that anyday over our lives!
I do hope you feel less like that over time.

I have gone through feelings like that, more so a couple of years ago in my mid twenties. As everyone was starting there lives, cars, jobs, marriage, holidays, houses and nice nights out. But then i felt literally in a stagnant era. Just not progressing, not feeling like a adult should as i couldnt do or afford to do what i should be. Ive moved now and hopefully finally getting married january which has helped. But it does suck, i dont hate others for doing it. But i just wish i could too. Funny thing is, some people think we have it easy with no stress from mortgage, bills, kids, work etc. Ill take that anyday over our lives!

I do hope you feel less like that over time.

Im with you ill take the daily rat race over all the suffering pain loss of appetite etc. For a " normal" life hell Id rather be poor and healthy where i can just roll out of bed and do anything i want