• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I decided to do it

So I have decided to get my surgery. :dance:

here is my reason: I have two very bad strictures and about 2 weeks ago I had a horrible obstruction. I didnt know I had one until I went to get a second opinion (yesterday) about my surgery (which will be aug 30). So about 2 weeks ago i had horrendous pain in the stomach. I told the doc that I was in pain and tried to contact my gi but of course he was not in and the nurse told me to email him. So I did and the same dang nurse answered my email. I wrote back and told her I basically havent eaten in a week. She called to see what was going on. I told her I was in pain. She said what do u want me to do. I was like what?!? So the emailed the doc. He was very little help. Told me to go to urgent care. By now I am feeling a little better. Still wasnt eating much but iceys are awesome.

So flash forwarded to yesterday I went for my second opinion at a different surgeon. She said they where bad but its my choice. I said yes I will do it and then from here on we will work on not getting anymore. (Hoping).

I am on no meds just found out in april I have crohn's and have two strictures. But nice part my colonoscopy was clean. I just have strictures. I am happy with that.

nogutsnoglory

I hope it will be successful and you will feel so much better and be able to resume eating normal foods again. When are you scheduled for surgery?

David

Co-Founder
Often times surgery is the best bet when it comes to severe stricturing due to scar tissue. Please keep us updated as to how you're doing and as always, if you experience pain that may be due to an obstruction, please go to the ER.

Me too. I don't get it till Aug 30. sad part is my boyfriends birthday is on the 29. Yes next time I am in that much pain I will be going to the docs.