• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I don’t even know where to go...

I don’t even know where to go...

I’ve debated posting this for a couple weeks now, mostly because I know that I put myself in this situation, but it still stinks!

So I was on Medicade last year, but I got married in November knowing it was going to affect the status of my medicade (my husband is the breadwinner of the family) I just didn’t expect it to be so hard to find insurance that’s worth my time. The only option I was able to find for coverage cane with a $5.200 deductible, which I would meet quickly with the crohns, but don’t have $5,200 to pay before it would kick in, so it would have been an extra $250 a month that I don’t really have for insurance I can’t use.
My doctor has seen me before without insurance, and we made it work with affordable visits and tons of sample meds, but I found out in December the only doctor I’ve found a trusting relationship with left the practice, so I don’t have insurance or a doctor currently.

And with the 25lb weight loss the past couple months, and the regular pain, I’m not even sure where to turn. I’ve been trying to pretend that it’s something else, or not that serious, but it getting hard to keep my brave face on. I’ve been 100% untreated since december and I just don’t even know what options I have.

Trysha

Staff member
Very sad to hear of your problems and judging by what you have said in the post you are likely in the U.S.A.
There must be a way for you to get some medical attention and treatment.
Perhaps if you go back to the practice your doctor left someone there might be able to help you.
Soon there will be other more knowledgeable members of the forum dropping by to help.
Hugs
Trysha

Yeah, I’m in the USA. The other doctor the said I could see was the one who diagnosed me, but his bedside manner was so horrible I cried after every appointment I had with him and felt super hopeless.and I don’t think he liked me either because they called me back one day and said I was going to start seeing a different doctor and I didn’t complain, and I ended up really liking the second doctor.

Ships,
Sending my thoughts your way, sorry I can't comment as I'm in the UK. I would suggest purchasing some supplement drinks if you can afford to to try and keep your weight on and persevere with that doctor if thats your only option but don't let yourself be spoken to badly by them. No health care professional should leave their patients in that state. Makes me wonder why they are in the profession of medicine if they have no compassion.
Keep strong.
Bobbet