• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I dont know what to do!!

Ok I have every symptom of Crohn's ive lost 26 pounds since Nov. I hurt all the time don't have the energy to move since Jan 1st I have been driving down the road and the urge to go to the rest room hit me and I have used the bathroom on myself 3 different times!! About 3 years ago I was scheduled for a colonoscopy and didn't go.... I have a week period stop 3 days then have another week period stop 3 days etc.... I'm a mother of 2 kids one 5 and one 16 months and its so hard to have the energy to do anything with them �� I'll go weeks and not be able to keep anything down or everything I eat go right through me or I'll go 5 or 6 days and not use the bathroom! Its horrible!! Ive been to the ER on several occasions with doubled over stomach pain and them say they think its ulcers. I have no appendix or gallbladder! Does it sound like I have Crohn's to anybody else and need to have my colonoscopy done or am I just freaking?

1. You are not freaking. 2. You need to go see a doctor and get that colonoscopy done. It sounds like you are in thick of a flare and just getting worse. 3. Longer the wait, longer you will take to get some sort of remedy and it will take longer for the remedy to help. 4. Er's have never been able to help me personally at all. 5. Your symptoms are exactly what I had a year ago. And exactly what I'm going through now. You really need to get checked out. Please. For your sake. And for your children's sake. You need to start taking care of yourself.

Hi Ashie, welcome to the forum
I second what LCAT is saying. You need to go to a gastroenterologist. Crohn's causes ulcers. You need to find out if that is what you have, and start treatment asap, before your condition gets even worse. The damage is being done on the inside where you can't see it. I was hospitalized for five months once, you really don't want to end up doing that.

Oh no! Sounds awful. I think you really really need to be seen by a gastoenterolgist and have whatever tests and medicine they say you need. You could have crohn's and it's a really serious disease. I know you are busy with your kids, but you really need to take care of your health, especially if it's crohn's. It can be managed with diet and meds, but if you don't do anything about it, you could end up with emergency surgery or an exploded intestine. Not trying to scare you. Just please, go to a doctor, and do what they recommend. Get a second opinion too. Your symptoms sound pretty serious. Good luck!

Do the colonoscopy! They can also do xrays, upper GI series, MRI, Catsan......just get something done! Good luck.

Oh no! Sounds awful. I think you really really need to be seen by a gastoenterolgist and have whatever tests and medicine they say you need. You could have crohn's and it's a really serious disease. I know you are busy with your kids, but you really need to take care of your health, especially if it's crohn's. It can be managed with diet and meds, but if you don't do anything about it, you could end up with emergency surgery or an exploded intestine. Not trying to scare you. Just please, go to a doctor, and do what they recommend. Get a second opinion too. Your symptoms sound pretty serious. Good luck!

Along with that. The longer you wait. The worse you'll get. The treatment costs will increase and there is always the chance that your insurance might not cover it all. If you start getting treated now you may be able to achieve remission and will have more money than you would have to put toward your kids future than you would if you wait and then get swamped with bills.

Hi, I am new to the site but not new to crohn's. I got diagnosed 17 yrs ago. Over the years I have been seen by a bunch of doctors and done a lot of research. I have to or otherwise I go nuts :hallo3: I got diagnosed after my first child. Stress is always my trigger. alot of times a huge stress in your life is what can kind of activate your crohn's. You need to have the colonoscopy. They will do a biopsy so that you know what you are dealing with. I know you don't want things to keep on going like they are going. Try to find things that help you relax and BREATHE!