• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I don't know what to eat anymore

I haven't been on this board in awhile and unfortunately things haven't been going great since I was last here.

So, last spring I did 4 weeks on prednisone and was doing pretty well after. I tried juicing and that seemed to keep me feeling well but I like to chew my veggies sometimes so I tried the SCD diet.

SCD did not go well for me. I ended up with a lot of body pain. So I stopped. While I figured out my next step, I started flaring. My doctor put me on Prednisone for 8 weeks. I am on my last week.

The prednisone helped the cramping and puking but nothing else. The body pain and nausea I get seems to be related to what I eat. Lately everything I eat seems to affect me. Veggies make me gassy, sugar causes a lot of pain, grains make me sore and tired.

I'm in between doctors so I don't have a doctor to get advice from for a few weeks. What kind of diet would you suggest trying? I can deal with the gassy and I know I need to cut all sugar. Is Paleo a good start?

Just sucks taking sterroids for the second time this year and I still don't know how to avoid the body pain and nausea. I sort of miss when it was just horrible stomach cramping.

Sorry your having a rough time right now.
I know everyone is different, but I have had really good success with paleo. I still take a ton of Meds, but my day to day is much much more comfortable.
Wishing you luck. Keep us posted.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time

So, last spring I did 4 weeks on prednisone and was doing pretty well after. I tried juicing and that seemed to keep me feeling well but I like to chew my veggies sometimes so I tried the SCD diet.
SCD did not go well for me. I ended up with a lot of body pain. So I stopped. While I figured out my next step, I started flaring. My doctor put me on Prednisone for 8 weeks. I am on my last week.
vegetable juice is a good way of getting nutrition without the fibre that can cause problems, but some juices will cause problems so try small amounts and work out what works for YOU
Fruit juice is just sugar that you don't really need.

When you say you tried Scd what does that mean?
Did you do the intro diet with reintroduction and testing of SCD 'legal' foods?
(if you didn't do the intro you didn't do SCD........)
Did your trouble start straight away or after a week or so?
There are things that happen when you go low carb and if you are not aware of what to expect then it can be a problem.
In a nutshell you have to adjust from burning sugar (carbs) for fuel to burning fat and this takes a while (a week?), and you will feel like shit for a while.
Some people just buy bags of almond flour and jars of honey and swap those for flour and sugar......
Not gonna work.

Lately everything I eat seems to affect me. Veggies make me gassy, sugar causes a lot of pain, grains make me sore and tired.
Some veggies will make you gassy and some won't.
It takes a while to work out which ones are fermenting too much in your intestine and which are OK.
Try FODMAPS [1], it is an elimination diet where foods are periodically reintroduced to test if they are tolerated.
Well cooked veggies are easier to digest and some will be worse for you than others

Stay away from sugar (especially if it causes pain). It is what is fuelling any Disbiosis
The only grain I eat is white rice and that is because (I believe) it is free of any toxicity, and accepted by a growing number of paleo 'gurus' (for want of a better label)
Try a small amount of white rice and see if that is tolerated

I'm in between doctors so I don't have a doctor to get advice from for a few weeks. What kind of diet would you suggest trying? I can deal with the gassy and I know I need to cut all sugar. Is Paleo a good start?
I thoroughly recommend Paleo BUT not some hard core zero carb zealot style paleo,
Something a bit milder and that you can ease into – like 'Perfect Health Diet'[3]

Low to medium carb so that you don't get all of your energy from carbs and have to dip into your fat stores.
Obviously you can't just start eating plates of salad and handfuls of nuts,
Most paleo diet websites are aimed at overweight people and don't take any digestive issues into account.

If it were ME I would try to use the SCD intro diet and stages [2] to transition to a paleo diet.
By this I mean that instead of introducing SCD foods (peanuts, (vegetable)seed oils, ect) introduce paleo foods (like tubers (in moderation)) - Going LOW carb can be a useful tool to bring gut bacteria under control and can be very useful to loose weight BUT may be dangerous (for some) if done for long periods of time

[1] I liked this podcast, best way to listen is walking barefoot on Grass under trees......
Dr Siebecker explains the Art and Science of the FODMAP Diet (Podcast 45)
http://scdlifestyle.com/2012/09/dr-...rt-and-science-of-the-fodmap-diet-podcast-45/
[2] The SCD Intro Diet
http://pecanbread.com/p/how/introdiet.html
The Stages of SCD
http://pecanbread.com/p/how/stages.html
[3] Perfect Health Diet
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/the-diet/
I recommend reading this series of 4 articles giving his perspective on gut disease, (particularly the first three and only look at probiotics once a bit of recovery is under way – avoiding Bifidusstrains)
Bowel Disorders, Part I: About Gut Disease
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2010/07/ulcerative-colitis-a-devastating-gut-disease/

Why would you need to cut all sugar? How did you work out which foods/types of foods are causing you specific symptoms? Are you sure all your symptoms are caused by foods?

Hi Sarair,

when flaring everything seems worse, a bit like a headache at night seems more achy. Use this experience to know your body:

Take a gentle painkiller - something recommended for children of about 12yrs. Does this work to reduce your pain? Work dose up OR down from there. Keep a written diary.

Get underway alkalising your system while you're still on the pred:

You can drink this up to 3x daily if you like:

250mls water (dechlorinated is best)
2teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1teaspoon certified organic black strap molasses.

warm mixure up on stove top or add still warm boiled water from jug/kettle, stirring to mix.

Drink slowly. A teaspoon at a time if you feel the need. You will fart, pop, bloat and belch like you never have ... well, for the first few days at least lol as the body calms + kills off gut nasties like candida etc that frollick and thrive in an acidic environment.

I make up a cup of this each morning and drink as much as I can. I then put the rest in the frindge and take shots throughout the day. I've been drinking it for close to a yr now.

Remember: during a flare your body is inflamed (trying to heal) therefore nutrients etc will not be absorbed. By drinking the above beverage you will calm the system. I lived on juiced celery and nothing else for 6 weeks. I then added half a green apple. Point is, you won't die if you don't eat. If you feel hungry, try a green vege mash. Make a good supply and leave in fridge for spreading on toast or whatever. Go small on the servings, just enough to reduce hunger. Rest. Rest. Rest.

All the best!
Nym ♥

Hi Sarair,

when flaring everything seems worse, a bit like a headache at night seems more achy. Use this experience to know your body:

Take a gentle painkiller - something recommended for children of about 12yrs. Does this work to reduce your pain? Work dose up OR down from there. Keep a written diary.

Get underway alkalising your system while you're still on the pred:

You can drink this up to 3x daily if you like:

250mls water (dechlorinated is best)
2teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1teaspoon certified organic black strap molasses.

warm mixure up on stove top or add still warm boiled water from jug/kettle, stirring to mix.

Drink slowly. A teaspoon at a time if you feel the need. You will fart, pop, bloat and belch like you never have ... well, for the first few days at least lol as the body calms + kills off gut nasties like candida etc that frollick and thrive in an acidic environment.

I make up a cup of this each morning and drink as much as I can. I then put the rest in the frindge and take shots throughout the day. I've been drinking it for close to a yr now.

Remember: during a flare your body is inflamed (trying to heal) therefore nutrients etc will not be absorbed. By drinking the above beverage you will calm the system. I lived on juiced celery and nothing else for 6 weeks. I then added half a green apple. Point is, you won't die if you don't eat. If you feel hungry, try a green vege mash. Make a good supply and leave in fridge for spreading on toast or whatever. Go small on the servings, just enough to reduce hunger. Rest. Rest. Rest.

All the best!
Nym ♥
Just a word of warning: living on celery juice only (if you mean that literally) is not a good idea. A few days of liquids only can help ease symptoms, but any diets involving a significant reduction in calories shouldn't be done by people who are underweight or who have other medical conditions where diet really matters (e.g. diabetes). And there are liquids and liquids: having Ensures for a few days is not like having water or vegetable juice for a few days. Is living on celery juice for six weeks even possible? Bowel rest and longer periods of liquids-only diets play a role in managing Crohn's disease, but need medical supervision.

What type of candida infection are you referring to? I had a candida infection from having TPN through a central line and needed weeks of IV antifungals followed by a couple more weeks of oral antifungals. Candida can also cause thrush, which is common and much less serious, and as far as I know it's normal for a certain amount of candida to be present in the digestive tract and that causes no problems. But a candida overgrowth is potentially very serious, there'd be a specific cause, you'd have severe symptoms and need prompt medical treatment.

Last edited:
Hi UnXmas,

of course living on celery juice for six weeks is possible. Not. Celery juice and green mash that should have been! Deepest apologies and thanks for the warning. I ended up having to rush to post.

The green vegetable mash was eaten warm for lunch and dinner - no more than a handfull by measure. I do know of ppl going for three weeks on juice only, 250mls sipped every couple of hours. Maybe next time, if there ever is. *fingers crossed*

Extra info; The celery (and green veg) I purchased each morning from a local grocer and juiced myself throughout the day. There was still a lot of pulp in this juice. I'm not a very tall person and have always been a grazer-eater type, even before I developed Crohn's at 25ys.

October: I was 29yrs at the time and had recently spent 2 weeks in hospital waiting for, as drs put it, either my bowel to perforate or the prednisone to take hold. The prednisone worked and I returned home a new me.

This was my first time on a high dose drug. The whole moon face, jelly feet and insomnia were quite novel to me and my family. I had stopped crapping my life away, that's what mattered.

November: When the tapering began so returned the symptoms. My humour quickly faded and I started reading and taking drastic action. I'm not saying it was easy at all and I'm not recommending anyone do it. I was flying high on prednisone; asleep 4 hours, awake 4 hours - pretty much around the clock, and of course I was being monitored - more for my mental health, I think lol. I wasn't starving myself of anything but toxins and the dirty 'white' diet pushed by hospitals at that time. I just knew I was not going to let my bowel return to near-perforation status while I still had options. Looking back I do see a mad person, don't worry. I also see a terrified person and a (formerly) nutrinionally starved person.

I'm not terrified or even too worried about perforation these days. And I'm still very much doing what some would consider 'mad' health treatment options. I made the right choice for my body at that time and have done so ever since.

I haven't heard contracting candida in that way, UnXmas, but have also been on antibacterials and antifungals after having abscess surgery.

From Friend to Foe

When the population of candida fungi increases in the gut, they need more nutrients to sustain their growth. As they thrive and compete with other microbes in the gut, they turn pathogenic.

To ensure its survival, candida yeast releases mycotoxins in its immediate environment. These toxins irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa and also erode the lining of the stomach and intestines. These actions directly lead to the formation of lesions.

If the yeast growth is not stopped and reversed, the damage done by candida to the mucosa turn lesions to ulcers and then fissures.

http://www.progressivehealth.com/learn-how-candida-contributes-to-crohns.htm

Thanks for your questions and comments, UnXmas. ♥

Hi, my name is Rodney and I get sick eating everything , I'm so used to throwing-up its crazy,, I have found out, through the years I found out that the ONLY stuff I can eat is FAST FOOD,,Burger king only chickin NO MEAT.or onion rings......Wendys=anything you like that they have, no issue from them...Mcdonalds==no issue..No shakes,ice creams, Bell peppers[green]...Oh, yeah,, I say this healed me, I juiced,,,Juiceing don't cause the pains and gases anything that goes with eating the fruit/veg...I put [2] each. apple,celrey, collar greens leaf,swiss char leafs, asparigas stork and 1/2 or 1 pear.....I did this for 3 months every morning or early afternoon once a day..I swear to you ,I told my doctors about it,,,From the first drinking of this [day 1] My nusea, sickness, feeling crapy and TIRED, disappeared,,,I was like I was on a speed, it lasted all day long and sleeped good, but I felt awesome,, I kid nobody not..I will take the BEST lie detector and if I fail I will PAY for EVERYTHING......This was now almost 2years ago,,I don't feel like that after3 or so months went by..The Dr. said it may have been because of me being so mal-nourished,,A body that's badly malnuished and Dehydrated body will feel and be just like what you describe...You do sound like your badly dehydrated...Try this,, I promise you and anyone Dribking this kind of juice will not get you sick or any C.D. related issues...Good luck Rodney..

I have had crohns for as long as i remember but have only been diagnosed in the past year. I get pains in my hips and shoulder and find it hard to walk after a whille. My eyes are constantly feeling dry and everybody thinks im stoned because i cant function. I have used prednisone on and off for the past 3 years and that makes me feel great at first then turns me angry and feel no better after a couple weeks of being on it. and have treied puri nethol and that doesnt work made me feel sick and angry. no matter what i eat one day will be fine the next the oppisite. has any one had this probelm where nothing seems to work?

I haven't heard contracting candida in that way, UnXmas, but have also been on antibacterials and antifungals after having abscess surgery.

From Friend to Foe

When the population of candida fungi increases in the gut, they need more nutrients to sustain their growth. As they thrive and compete with other microbes in the gut, they turn pathogenic.

To ensure its survival, candida yeast releases mycotoxins in its immediate environment. These toxins irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa and also erode the lining of the stomach and intestines. These actions directly lead to the formation of lesions.

If the yeast growth is not stopped and reversed, the damage done by candida to the mucosa turn lesions to ulcers and then fissures.

http://www.progressivehealth.com/learn-how-candida-contributes-to-crohns.htm

Thanks for your questions and comments, UnXmas. ♥
TPN through a central line has a high risk for candida and other infections - the TPN is sugar, which, as you probably know, makes it easy for fungus to grow, and the central line goes directly into your bloodstream, which is how I ended up with septicemia from candida.

But the treatment you recommend - bicarbonate of soda and molasses - isn't going to help anyone with a candida infection. You need antifungals, like I had and like you had after your surgery. And I'm not sure why you think Saralr who stated this thread would need candida treatment (and apologies, Saralr, for taking your thread off topic!). As I said in my post above, besides the much less serious vaginal and oral thrush forms of candida, there are specific causes and risk factors for candida infections (e.g. severe comprimisation of the immune system such as that of people with AIDS, or a central line like I had), it causes severe symptoms, is diagnosed by special blood cultures, and needs intensive medical treatment. Nothing Sararl posted indicated that she had candida, and if I've missed something and she does, she'd need to go and see a doctor.

A while ago I made this post about candida: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=67910&highlight=Candida

I think it needs to be clear what we mean when we talk about candida, as there are a lot of myths about it floating around. A candida infection is potentially very serious, so suggesting someone has it when they don't could cause them a lot of unnecessary stress if they then go and google it! And on the other hand, suggesting molasses, etc. can treat candida could mislead people who do have a candida infection into trying remedies that won't help.

I'm sorry for being so critical of your suggestions; it seems from your posts you've learned a lot about natural treatments and nutrition, and I'm sure you mean well when you give advice. In the thread I linked to above I explained why I feel it necessary to try to make sure people are clear on what candida is and what will and will not help to treat it. I'm very interested (if sceptical!) about your celery juice and veg diet: I'm very underweight and this is a big problem for me, so if you have ideas about nutrition for someone in my situation, I'd like to hear your thoughts if you ever feel like starting a thread on it. (And if you want to discuss candida further, feel free to add to the thread I linked to above.)

Last edited:
Sararl - I'm so sorry for taking your thread off on such a tangent. In response to your question, I'm generally in favour of soft, bland diets when the digestive system is really upset. The BRAT diet consists of Bananas, Rice, Apple sauce and Toast (the toast and rice should both be white). Other bland, safe foods for me are low fibre breakfast cereals; yoghurt, ice cream, custard and other milk-based puddings (obviously not so safe for people with lactose intolerance); avocados; smooth vegetable soups; and plain, low fibre crackers and biscuits. From your post I gather this isn't the kind of diet you're after, but they're the kinds of foods that are safe for me, largely due to the lack of fibre and lack of anything rich.

If you come to a meal time and know you need to eat, but have no appetite and nothing sounds good, supplements like Ensure and Fortisip provide you with all the nutrients you need and take no preparation, making them an easy choice. Similar products such as Complan can be bought without a doctor's prescription.

Also, not all symptoms are caused, or even affected, by the food you eat. Having symptoms doesn't automatically mean there's something wrong with your diet, and you can't fix symptoms by avoiding certain foods.

I hope you're feeling at least a bit better by now.

Last edited:
Hi, all ..When I take about Juiceing,,I taking about using a JUICEING Machine to juice REAL and fresh fruit,, NEVER just get juice from the store to drink, that is NOT the same...Juicing Does and would make you gasy and bloted or sick, real juicing gets you all the benefits ,but NO pulps, fibers ect....that cuases sickness...

Sorry for starting a thread and then not coming back.

When I tried SCD I did do the nasty chicken soup and made my own yogurt. I followed the rules in "Breaking the Vicious Cycle," with no cheating. I just never started feeling better and I was super strict about sticking to the diet.

As for the question someone asked about how I know it's sugar causing my pain. Honestly I don't have any real proof. When I eat a lot of sugar my body gets sore and when I don't eat any I don't get sore. It could be something else that is commonly used with sugar. My previous doctor wasn't a big fan of diet.

I see my new doctor this month. Hopefully she has some suggestions too.

I think I'm going to start juicing a little again and work toward a paleo diet for now. My husband doesn't eat dairy or gluten so it'd make cooking easier. :)

As for the question someone asked about how I know it's sugar causing my pain. Honestly I don't have any real proof. When I eat a lot of sugar my body gets sore and when I don't eat any I don't get sore. It could be something else that is commonly used with sugar.
:)
And that is all the proof you need, Sariar. Most around here seem to have forgotten that their body is an intelligent response mechanism trying to be heard by its master and regulator.

UnXmas, this is Sariar's body, so why on earth would she not know what makes her feel worse or better? There really is no need for over-thinking on this.

I also used to get sore from sugar;aching hips / ankles; itchy skin. Why is it so?

For anyone interested:

Because sugar is an acid! I'm talking processed foods here, ok? Clearer still: bread from supermarket. Ready mix pancake ... stuff :ywow: and anything else shake 'n' bake, peel 'n' heat, rip 'n' eat.

It also feeds candida. But .... once the body is alkalised by using bicarb and molasses(or whatever other method one chooses, and there are several: research!), sugar, depending on source; ie not a bag of jelly beans, is no longer such a big problem for the body to utilise. This does not happen overnight. Detoxing the damage from the effects of sugar is like detoxing from nicotine - 12 months.

10 Signs You Have Candida Overgrowth & What To Do About It

You might be wondering, What on earth is candida? Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in your mouth and intestines. Its job is to aid with digestion and nutrient absorption but, when overproduced, candida breaks down the wall of the intestine and penetrates the bloodstream, releasing toxic byproducts into your body and causing leaky gut. This can lead to many different health problems, ranging from digestive issues to depression.

please read this link for a list of the most common symptoms.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8376/10-signs-you-have-candida-overgrowth-what-to-do-about-it.html

UnXmas, in no way do I feel criticised :heart: and I am more than willing to get into this subject much more on the forum lnk you have provided. Btw, if you have never tried bicarb and molasses, how would you know if it works or not? I can find no warning, warning, warning, Will Robinson on this remedy. In fact ...

Sodium bicarbonate is an excellent and necessary nutrient emergency room medicine that has a powerful systemic effect of balancing cell voltage, cell and tissue pH, oxygenation and most importantly it increases CO2 levels. That’s quite a powerful medicine these people are dismissing out of hand. Are people that brainwashed that they cannot even think twice before discarding such a useful medicine that is universally used in emergency rooms across the globe?

http://drsircus.com/medicine/sodium-bicarbonate-baking-soda/bicarbonatecarbon-dioxide-medicine/

I guess if it come with a really fancy signature on pre$cription pad .... :wink:

UnXmas, this is Sariar's body, so why on earth would she not know what makes her feel worse or better? There really is no need for over-thinking on this.
Because all sorts of factors influence how we feel, some of which we're not even aware of, and people have a tendency to look for patterns. I've certainly made mistakes before about what food or what medication was causing which symptom. And it's far more complicated than you suggest - doesn't an excess of comfort food make many people "feel better" ? Would you take that as proof that excessive food is good for them? Maybe Saralr is right - but it's certainly worth her considering the possibility that she isn't.

UnXmas, in no way do I feel criticised and I am more than willing to get into this subject much more on the forum lnk you have provided. Btw, if you have never tried bicarb and molasses, how would you know if it works or not? I can find no warning, warning, warning, Will Robinson on this remedy. In fact ...
Actually I think you should feel criticised. Your information on candida is wrong. I needed weeks of antifungals to treat the candida infection I had. Do you seriously think your remedy would work? That it does what antifungals do? Would you take it instead of antifungals if you had sepsis from a candida infection? How do you know your remedy works? Has it had any kind of research done on it? Can you post links to any peer reviewed studies that show it can treat candida? Have you had candida diagnosed by blood cultures, then taken your bicarb and molasses remedy, and no antifungals, and then had further blood cultures that showed no signs of candida?

If Saralr did have candida, she'd need to see a doctor right away. Why are you even talking about candida to someone with no candida diagnosis? Has she told you she's had blood cultures that grew candida? If you truly think she has it, you should tell her to see a doctor. Though of course if she had any sense she'd ignore you, as there is nothing to suggest she could have candida.

If a person has a candida infection in their bloodstream, and you tell them to take bicarbonate and molasses instead of antifungals, you could kill them.

Last edited:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candida.html

http://www.ncahf.org/articles/c-d/candida.html

The information you mention is about candida in the bloodstream. This is how that should be treated:
Invasive candidiasis requires treatment with oral or intravenous (IV) antifungal medication for several weeks. The type and duration of antifungal treatment will depend on patient-specific factors such as age, immune status, and severity of infection. Treatment of invasive candidiasis should include prompt removal of catheters.
Neonates with invasive candidiasis should be treated with amphotericin B for at least 3 weeks. For clinically stable children and adults, fluconazole or an echinocandin (caspofungin, micafungin, or anidulafungin) is the recommended form of therapy. In critically ill patients, an echinocandin or a lipid formulation of amphotericin B is recommended. Treatment should continue for 2 weeks after signs and symptoms of candidemia have resolved and the Candida yeasts have been cleared from the bloodstream.
http://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/candidiasis/invasive/treatment.html

And if you look at medical articles about candida infections of the bloodstream or internal organs, (e.g. http://aac.asm.org/content/49/9/3640.abstract ) you'll soon see the very high mortality rate of these infections.

So when you go online and try and convince people you don't know that they have candida and that they can treat it with molasses, you're talking about an infection that often results in death. I said in an earlier post on this thread that when you talk about candida, you need to be clear about what you're referring to: e.g. vaginal thrush is a very different type of candida infection than a candida infection of the bloodstream in terms of its effects on health. So exactly what type of candida infection are you talking about?

Last edited:

my little penguin

Staff member
I am assuming they did scopes ..,
You can test for sugar ( fructise malabsorption ) as well as non celiac gluten intolerance by medical Gi .
Keeping a food diary is a good start.
I have seen too many blame a food -feel better and assume food xyz group was the cause( we did this for Ds as a baby since only a an allergist was involved not Gi).
If something is causing a problem then it should be repeatable .

Fodmaps is a diet low in gluten dairy and sugar .
It has helped many in Australia with the Ibd side of things .
It did not help Ds at all but might be worth it for you .

Good luck

Actually I think you should feel criticised. Your information on candida is wrong. I needed weeks of antifungals to treat the candida infection I had. Do you seriously think your remedy would work? That it does what antifungals do? Would you take it instead of antifungals if you had sepsis from a candida infection?

If a person has a candida infection in their bloodstream, and you tell them to take bicarbonate and molasses instead of antifungals, you could kill them.
Huh, wondering why the topic continually returns to you and your most unfortunate dealings with blood candida when the topic here is quite clearly "I Don't Know What to Eat Anymore" not 'I'm clueless about what to stick in my veins these days'. Therefore, as far as my brain in concerned that equals talking about the stomach and eating, not your blood candida. GUT candida. And since you are trying to debunk my info, show me all your peer reviewed proof on bicarb or molasses not destroying GUT candida? And please, show me all the evidence on death by bicarb.

I have blood tests confirming that my essential nutrients like magnesium are finally within the scientifically approved of range, ****including vitamin D levels for the first time in 10 yrs and only within the past 12 months have those results been achieved, exactly what I was told would happen. Go ahead and debunk vitamin D levels having nothing to do with the immune system.

My inflamatory markers are also negligable at this time. This tells me that my immune system is improving > because I have alkalised my body > because GUT candida does not like thriving in > thus candida can not pollute my gut and cause inflamation to occur > inflamation causes malabsorption, leading to nutrient deficiencies.

These essential nutrients (not supplements) are then converted to health! From that health - brought about by minimising GUT bacteria good guy bad guy battles - I an now able engergy-wise to do many 'Crohn's catchup' jobs around the house and yard. You know the stuff that gets started, then left because ... well, you know, too busy living life in the flare zone of the bathroom or at the drs or at the Gi or in the traffic getting to appointments and finding parking and having to know loo routes or ..... simply just living in fear that some dr knows more about my body than I ever possibly could simply because they have a chunk of expensive paper.

Guess what I had for dinner last night? Crumbed beef rissoles cooked in organic butter in a cast iron pan! :dusty:

And i don't eat corn or potato chips as a rule - big anti-GMO eater here - but if one thing tells me I have inflamation it will be something like chips coming out exactly as they went in. Rice too for that matter. So I got a bag of CC's, had a few and threw the rest in the bin. three days later I haven't seen hide nor hair of any chips. It is now also taking just over 24 hours to notice changes in my diet such as eating a whole bag of Daryl Lea choc licorice sticks < still uses cane sugar. Eating this no longer results in a loo run.

I also grow and eat chilli regularly! If the body is in balance you can eat whatever you want! If you get hives, can't breathe or a bleeding nose from a food, then you have a true allergy. All the rest is corrected by balancing the bacterias in the gut by raising the pH.

Try it for yourself ... if you dare to be healthy.

Last edited:
Here is a killer remedy! The Maple Syrup bottle is my 250ml measure where I keep the daily supply. Did you know that there is bicarb in some toothpastes? Why is it so? And that you can actually make your own mouthwash using bicarb and water? hmm I wonder why that works? My best friend's mother was a registered nurse and whenever we complained about heartburn during pregnancy out would come the bicarb and water. They used to use it in hospitals for that very purpose. A natural mineral? Oh yukkee! I really must get around to cleaning those tea-stained teaspoons. Wow, I have just the thing to make them all shiny, sparkling and new, and without the use of harsh chemicals.

Attachments

The role of Candida in inflammatory bowel disease. Estimation of transmission of C. albicans fungi in gastrointestinal tract based on genetic affinity between strains.
Trojanowska D1, Zwolinska-Wcislo M, Tokarczyk M, Kosowski K, Mach T, Budak A.
Author information

Abstract
BACKGROUND:

The pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), is related to the effect of fungal presence in the gastrointestinal tract (GI) on IBD development.
MATERIAL/METHODS:

One hundred twenty-six patients underwent mycological investigation. We analyzed of the occurrence of fungal infection in the clinical material collected from the GI tract of patients with IBD and control groups. We assessed fungal flora transmission from the oral cavity to further segments of the GI tract based on comparative studies of genotypes of fungal strains. The studies were carried out using conventional methods. The fungal genotypes were determined with the PCR-RAPD method.
RESULTS:

Of 407 samples, 220 of them had fungi. The most frequently isolated species was C. albicans in patients with IBD and in control group, respectively 84.4% and 81%. Analysis of the streak patterns of the products of the PCR-RAPD reaction carried out for C. albicans strains isolated from the material collected from 10 patients, showed 100% affinity between the strains cultivated from the same patient. Genetic affinity between the strains was confirmed in 3 primers used in the examination.
CONCLUSIONS:

The presence of fungi in the oral cavity of patients with IBD may affect more frequent colonization of the colonic mucosa in the active phase of disease. Genetic affinity of C. albicans strains indicates the possibility of fungal transmission from the oral cavity to further segments of the GI tract.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20885347