• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I feel like a Time Bomb

I turned 65 on December 12th. and was diagnosed with Crohn's after a 3 day hospital stay and colonoscopy. I am now on 2 antibiotics and steroids.
I have no idea what to expect after this.
Am I going to get off theses meds and eat something and all hell break loose? Right now, I feel better, just very tired. Nothing I eat has bothered me so far.
What should I expect?

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Everyone is different with how this disease behaves but it is possible with the right treatment regime to go back to leading a normal life. There may now be some foods that may not agree with you and the best thing to do in this area is to keep a food diary and make a note of what gives you an upset tum. Treatment wise it may not be possible to be med free but others here do find success with diet but it does depend on how far down this route you want to go. The key is to educate yourself as much as possible and do have a good look around the forum. One thing I would advise is to have your doc check your vitamin levels as this is common area for deficiences with crohn's.

Please keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx

Thanks, I so appreciate your response. I am in my second week of antibiotics and steroids got a few more weeks to go. Right now I'm pain free but I guess I see what happens after.
Again, thanks