• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I feel like I can't catch a break

I think I'm just having a pity party for myself, but I've been through a lot the last 13ish years that I've had this disease. I'm now back to vomiting when I eat solid food. It doesn't really matter what it is. I vomited after eating chicken noodlesoup last week.

I've since adopted the juicing and making smoothies as meal replacements, but I just miss being able to eat real food.

I recently moved within the last 5 months and now have a great GI doctor who specializes in Crohn's, and we are working together to put together a plan that will fix me up. It's just in the meantime, I'm so sick of it.

I guess this is just a vent more than anything else, its just feels never-ending to me.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Aw Manzy, so sorry to hear this. I know you've mentioned before that you really haven't ever been able to get into remission, and I'm sorry things are backsliding even further. I'm glad to hear you have a good doctor, and I hope he can get you feeling a lot better.

I know you've been ill a long time and have tried a lot of different meds - have you looked into stem cell treatment by chance? Just a thought for you. If you're interested, here's a thread with more info:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=22259

Thank you, guys.

Cat, I had thought about it a while ago, but since I had Sadie, I hadn't really given it much thought. I guess it would be something to look into :)

Thank you for the nice thoughts. I'm in better spirits today! Yesterday was just bad.

Manzy,

what a beautiful little girl you have...
I hate this disease, and hope they can find a cure for it soon.
sounds like you already do everything possible, but have you added kefir to your diet? I noticed it helped so many, and we are trying now with our daughter. Only using store bought now, but will grow our own soon.
sending hugs and support your way