• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I got Crohn's ☆

3rv1n

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
Hello, happy to find you all. My name is Ervin, 41 yo, live in Croatia, Europe.

I have diagnosed Crohn's disease 4 weeks ago. In short got heavy diarrhea, lost 10 kg in 10 days, visited ER on Sunday evening, done rtg and abdomen CT where the doctor noticed changes in the intestines. CRP was 50+ and calprot 4000+ . They kept me in hospital and began medication. After few days colonoscopy and MR are done and Crohn's disease was confirmed.

After 12 days in hospital finally home.

Now on Decortin 40 mg prednisone , Salofalk mesalazine 4 g and MTX 25 mg immunosuppressant. Feeling fine for now, no pain, defecation normal.
For food I take Modulife phase diet witch includes chicken breast meat, rice, potato, carrot, light cottage cheese, yoghurt and 500ml/day Modulen supplement.

Greetings to all!

Last edited:

cmack

Staff member
Hello, happy to find you all. My name is Ervin, 41 yo, live in Croatia, Europe.

I have diagnosed Crohn's disease 4 weeks ago. In short got heavy diarrhea, lost 10 kg in 10 days, visited ER on Sunday evening, done rtg and abdomen CT where the doctor noticed changes in the intestines. CRP was 50+ and calprot 4000+ . They kept me in hospital and began medication. After few days colonoscopy and MR are done and Crohn's disease was confirmed.

After 12 days in hospital finally home.

Now on Decortin 40 mg prednisone , Salofalk mesalazine 4 g and MTX 25 mg immunosuppressant. Feeling fine for now, no pain, defecation normal.
For food I take Modulife phase diet witch includes chicken breast meat, rice, potato, carrot, light cottage cheese, yoghurt and 500ml/day Modulen supplement.

Greetings to all!
I hope your treatment makes you well soon. None of us ever asked for this problem. I'm here if you need support. Welcome!

3rv1n

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
Update.
As GI suggested I visited immunization center and they made me vaccination plan:
got yesterday one shoot of seasonal flue vaccine, and one of two pneumococcal vaccine (second shoot in 1 month), and for Hepatitis B plan is to get 3 shoots (now -> 1 month->6 months) but with boosted dosage to give body a chance to react on vaccine.
Covid-19 vaccination is not yet recommended.

Honey

Staff member
Hi there and welcome. I was on steroids for sometime and had weight gain. Now off Prednisone and doing well on those crystals, Salofalk mesalazine . I hope you are well . Good luck.