• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I guess I have Crohns now.

Hi.

I've been dealing with Crohns for over 10 years now(maybe longer) and have finally had what I consider a typical flare with all the fun symptoms that I had always heard about. :drink: I am now on Pred. and getting used to this interesting speed buzz feeling :eek2: and hoping everything calms down soon enough. I worry about work and getting better and all of the other concerns people without this crappy disease probably don't even think about from day to day but my goal is always to look on the bright side when possible. I'm glad there is a community to talk to and am sure my doc will tell me they just found a cure any day now. ;) Science is an amazing thing.

Stay strong!
Josh

Hi Sitri - don't get discouraged. Honestly, I do believe advancements are made every day - its part of my daily routine now to read press releases about everything - from cause of crohn's, to treatments, to microbiome and IBD, etc... you get the hint:) Now, I am sure you are going to get a lot of people here on this forum who may tell you there is no cure etc...and its an autoimmune and so no cure, etc....but don't let that discourage you. I am not an optimistic person but I do believe within the next few years a breakthrough will happen and don't let any discourage you. Just try to make positive choices in the meantime, don't get discouraged and who knows what the future holds:)

:) I agree completely. The medical advancements in the last 50 years make today's medicine look like science fiction. I don't doubt there will be ways to map individuals bodies to their disease and find solutions that are self regulating. Hell. I might just plug in the matrix at some point and not worry about my body. :p It's a fun thought anyway.

I have been getting a speedy feeling on steroids, too (not the pred actually but budesonide) and it's the one good side-effect in amongst dozens of others. I find myself slogging away painting and decorating almost from dawn till dusk instead of indolently reading the newspaper all day! Well, actually, there's been a fabulous anti-depressant effect too. I keep having this strange feeling that it's great to be alive and getting really moved by the beauty of the world and the goodness of other people etc etc (not me at all, normally I'm a huge cynic). Every cloud ...

I did some research on the speedy good feeling and it is a common side effect of steroids. A lot of people find that it makes them feel like a new person. Not a good thing to be on long term though so it's not something to get used to. There may be some relation to depression and inflammation that is not understood causing it. Me personally. I just want digestion function to work properly. I don't mind being in a bad mood and tired from time to time. :p