• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I had pizza after 18months!

So like alot of us on here, i have lactose intolerance due to my crohns. I was hanging onto anything i could get away with, and mozzarella was the last thing that i had to stop.
And its been so depressing, im such a fan of all things cheesy. And having the free from versions i just didnt like but did stick with lacto free if i did make cheesy things.
Well after years of lacto free foods, and 18months of complete lacto free diet, i got into the best place in my strictured crohns years. Due to the medication i have been obstruction free since January, although i still have regular flare ups (theyre not quite as bad as before though). I decided to try the Lactic Enzyme pills, and to test milk foods. At first i tried KFC, which i had flared over before and the pills worked!! No reaction at all. And worked my way up to a garlic bread, small pizza and a cookie from dominos on saturday night! And still no reaction! Im so pleased theyve worked! Atleast i know i can have the odd treat with them now. Cant wait for my birthday! Lol.
Has anyone else had good or bad results from these pills?
I got mine at Holland and Barrett and are expensive but so worth it for me. I did get clearance from my GI to take them, and did wait years to get to a fairly decent place to try.

I an glad they worked for you. It has been tears since I had one. I might have to try again. I think they worked for me before

You can find mozzarellas without lactose. Even regular mozzarella have very few lacotse in it.
KFC and Dominos are not great food in my opinion, especially for pizza ;D but thats good you enjoyed it :)