• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hate fatigue

Greetings, people :)

After a few days of actually having some energy, today has been a huge step back. I made it through the morning at work, but now even keeping my eyes open is a challenge.

It feels a lot like plugging something in to charge over night and looking at it in the morning and seeing that the battery is still empty.

Has anyone found anything that helps to deal with fatigue? Sleeping doesn't help me, more's the pity!

Do you have B12 injections? I still suffer with fatigue but nowhere near as badly as I was! Also has your iron been checked recently?

I honestly do sympathise. Mine was ridiculous, I've never felt anything like it other than when I had the flu. Getting out of a chair was like running a marathon!

Hello!

The chair marathons are not fun. Amazing how such a small action can take so much energy!

No vit B12 injections. I've been on iron since last year, and became dangerously anaemic before my surgery in August. Still not back to acceptable levels but it is slowly improving.

I'll ask the IBD nurse about that next time I speak to them.

Hope you're having a food Thursday!

I would definitely get them to check your B12. Do you get brain foggy and struggle with cognition?

If it's taking so long for your levels to improve maybe the infusions would be better. Good luck!

After a TI resection you should be getting b12 injections as it's the TI that absorbs the stuff. Ask.

Not that it's necessarily a magic answer. I have the week off work ; hardly doing anything but still falling asleep early afternoon. :thumbdown:

Hi EmmaLou:

Fatigue is insidious as well as invisible. My body responds to some iron supplements and not others; after my hemoglobin went down to 9 a few years ago (it's usually 10-11), my GI wanted me to take ferrous gluconate (and no other formulation; the pharmacy ordered it specially) which worked well, although I also had iron infusions. At that time I had active inflammation and a stricture in my duodenum.

Get some rest!

Augusta

Thanks for your advice, everyone.

I've left a message with the IBD nurses to ask about this.

Crohn's really is a nasty [insert favourite expletive here].

Thanks for your advice, everyone.

I've left a message with the IBD nurses to ask about this.

Crohn's really is a nasty [insert favourite expletive here].

It certainly bloody is! I've named mine Maggie after an old boss I had who was a sadistic pain in the arse ;-)