• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hate Medical Leave!!!

Ok so I have been trying to get a new job for like 5 years, not having any luck. There are not many prospects in my field in my town and I can't move because I share custody.

I've been off work since November and I swear there have been 5+ jobs since I've been off that I so could've gotten. I can't apply as I am on medical leave. I won't be cleared to go back until probably after middle of August.

It just frustrates me as I have goten so discouraged by my current job that I have actually been accepted at university to retrain. But now that I'm off and made the choice to do something else because I have not been able to get away from where I work NOW there are positions galore!!!!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Is there no way to reverse it if you're actually able to work (forgive my ignorance on the subject)? Its still possible that positions may be open (maybe not the same ones) once you're able to start working again. Maybe something even better! :D

Ok so I have been trying to get a new job for like 5 years, not having any luck. There are not many prospects in my field in my town and I can't move because I share custody.

I've been off work since November and I swear there have been 5+ jobs since I've been off that I so could've gotten. I can't apply as I am on medical leave. I won't be cleared to go back until probably after middle of August.
Dear Kllyeve, is there no way that you can work around this? Are you able to go to your doctor and get a certificate saying that you are capable of working in this new particular job? Different jobs have different characteristics.

I for one am very very happy that I do have a lot of medical leave - been working for local government here for over 35 years, I have a lot of medical leave saved up that I can take. Now that I've got the diagnosis of Crohn's disease I'm starting to appreciate how valuable it is. Just my two cents worth…

Gra
"Be careful what you wish for, you might just get!"