• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hate my guts!

farm

Captain Insaneo
Just gotta get this out. I have GERD/acid reflux whatever they call it now. Sometimes I get blocks in my stomach and it doesn't allow the contents to get into the intestine. Thus my whole stomach fills with acid. This happened this week and the block finally let go but I'm so sick of this acid taste in my mouth and shitting acid!!!!
Of course the surge of acid rushing through my crohns infected instestines is nice also!
The last time this happened I had to go to the ER and have that stupid NG tube down my throat for 2 days to get it all out, so all in all I'm lucky this time but I'm tired of it.

/vent

Last edited:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I know how you feel,l I get that sometimes too, I have a hiatus hernia and sometimes it really hurts, but I have controlled it for the most part and dont always take my Nexium. I am assuming you take an Nexium/antacid and reduce your intake of acidic foods. I find if I eat smaller meals and not all at once 3 times a day. There is an exercise you can do, I have done it and it works, but have to find the book I read it from. The book is called "why doesnt my doctor know this" it has everything from IBS to IBD and other compications of medications....good book, worth the read, also has a diet and naturalpathic rememdies. When was the last time you had an Endoscopy?

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
I'm sorry Mr. Acid breath... a lot of us care about your rotten guts and are glad you didn't have to go to the hospital. Stop sucking on batteries and you won't have this problem any more. ;) Maybe you need a different acid blocker medication????

farm

Captain Insaneo
Endoscopy this year.
I'm on 300mg Zantac daily and eat a handful of antacids daily as well.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
May be you need Protonix or Acidphex...???Just a suggestion for your doctor. Zantac is OTC...maybe try a different OTC like Prilosec???

farm

Captain Insaneo
I've been moved around from Prilosec, Prevacid, etc. etc.
Right now he's got me on Zantac, but I just buy it OTC and take 2 pills.
I called him and he put me on liquid diet for 2 days and told me to call if it didn't release soon.

Sorry Farm... You know I think the world of ya, but I think I hate your guts too. *gentle hug* Your new super power can be melting objects with your breath! :ycool:

farm

Captain Insaneo
Rhonda said:
Sorry Farm... You know I think the world of ya, but I think I hate your guts too. *gentle hug* Your new super power can be melting objects with your breath! :ycool:
Thanks! LOL

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
My sister has Gerd and she says if she doesnt take Nexium (the purple pill) she is in agony. I am on it too but only when I really need to, it heals and usually ok by 6 weeks.

Friggin sounds familiar and I can fully relate. Occasionally it will get to a point where I end up vomiting (not fun with a stomach full of acid and such), but sometimes that will actually alleviate things a bit. I pretty much wish there was something more I could take for it. It also builds up flaming acidic watery diarrhea and gas in my bowels, which ends up hurting like Hell till it comes out, which could take up to 24 hours or more. Meanwhile I eat broth and saltines and OD on antacids of varying types till it breaks. Not fun.

Farm it sounds awful! Is there no long term solution or daily meds that will keep it away? *hugs*

Oh my - (sorry for going off topic) but it says I am now a senior memebr! Woooo! That is quite an achievment for me as usually I am a bit shy about posting :)

Sorry to hear about the acid Farm. I am on Prilosec but mine rarely gets bad anymore. Hope you find a solution soon.

*****GirlFriday...congratulations!

Dealing with this very thing all day today. Hit this morning, but luckily (if you can call it that) it cut loose couple hours ago and now I'm crapping napalm and my butt feels like that pic of the baboon's butt looks.

Santos61198 said:
I hate my guts too - I have the screaming yellow sh!ts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, in that movie Nothing But Trouble, he wasn't kidding when the Judge said, worse than a week of the yellow shit storms. Had it once. Whole week. Yellow. Every half hour or less.

I can so relate - been on all the antacids - making myself puke helps - I HATE YOUR GUTS AND MY GUTS AND ANYONE ELSE'S GUTS that are acidic and burning, putrid piles of diseased and inflammed, rotten, painful hellfire bastards...whew, I feel better...too bad my guts don't...

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Hey farm,
i got gerd and hiatal hernia too. taking prilosec daily and it seems to work. found the antacids (tums, rolaids, etc) worsen my crohns and give me kidney stones so be careful.

also, try taking magnesium supplements daily. it'll help reduce acidity. also, cut out decaf sodas, coffees, etc.

if that doesn't work, bury your head in a bucket of cold water. it might snuff out the flames inside your throat.

farm

Captain Insaneo
I don't have a hernia that I'm aware of but I'm a coffee freak and could not hack it last week. Every sip came right back out.
Carolyn I didn't have to make myself puke, but I dreaded when it happened. Holy shit it was terrible.
So far, knock on wood, it's passed!

Pleased for you that it has passed Farm.

I bet the coffee doesn't do you any favours - I am partial to a cup of tea but I do find if I overdo it I suffer badly with acid.

My son suffered badly with GERD, he ended up having a Nissens Fundoplication - drastic yes, and with some pretty harsh side effects, but it did change his life for the better... basically his acid was so bad that it was aspirating into the lungs and making them collapse - there was no choice. Unfortunately he can't now vomit, so everything goes downwards...but - his life was actually in danger before..

If yours gets bad would you consider surgery?

Anyway - main thing is it has passed - and glad to hear it!

Lishyloo x x x

farm

Captain Insaneo
Yeah I think I would consider surgery. I don't think I'd have a choice actually. They threatened me with surgery once before when this happened and I was admitted to the hospital with that damn NG tube down my throat. But I declined and it's only gotten REAL bad a few times since then.
Somehow I get a block every once in a while and when that happens the acid just builds and builds. Most of the time the block will un-block by itself in a day or two.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
farm said:
Yeah I think I would consider surgery. I don't think I'd have a choice actually. They threatened me with surgery once before when this happened and I was admitted to the hospital with that damn NG tube down my throat. But I declined and it's only gotten REAL bad a few times since then.
Somehow I get a block every once in a while and when that happens the acid just builds and builds. Most of the time the block will un-block by itself in a day or two.
:( :( :( I feel so bad for you Farmie...I hope you are doing better.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Have you not had the endoscopy? I got the two-fer package and had that done at the same time as my colonscopy once. Just told the doc not to use the same tube.

farm

Captain Insaneo
Yeah I've had that done a few times. Of course it only showed acid reflux and bleeding ulcers at the time.