• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hate steroids

So, I went to my Rhumey doc and he decided to put 2 steroid injections into my joints. I won't take pred for crohns at this point because of how many side effects I get, I would say I am sensitive to it, not a true allergy.

I didn't think that joint injections would cause steroid reactions. Here I sit with zits breaking out EVERYWHERE, night sweats drenched nightly, in more pain, going from crying to evil in 20 seconds flat, tachycardia and had 5 days of insomnia bordering on mania (the mania might still be going on its 3 am here and I just spent 300.00 on jewelry!!)

When I called them to report the issues and asked is it even possible the injection is causing this (you know how nurses are they try to say oh no, but I will ask the doctor) She called back, put me on a harder narcotic ( I don't want to be on them because well I don't like the person I become on it) and said come in for your normal appointment on Dec 22nd. He can't try anything else for at least 2 weeks. And yes the injections can cause all the issues I am having.

So now my holiday blahs are taking on a whole new meaning because I tried a new thing to make me feel better.... SIGH

I guess a positive note to this is my crohns is being very mild right now, almost what I remember as a normal gut. Have to wonder if its gonna flare when this crap gets out of my system. And how long till its gone? I am going on two weeks now.

Just had to get it off my chest, I hate putting my family on steroid attitude watch.

And its Humira day, so I will feel like crap for 2-3 days after today. GRRRRR

Hi Nica, I know exactly what u mean!!! I'm having the evil pred day today - crying jags, irrational anger etc etc. Knowing the drug is causing it doesn't help any either does it?

Well, chin up (I have to hold mine up so nobody can see my massive double chin caused by the pred!!!) - we'll get through this I hope.

btw, was the jewellery nice? TV Shopping Network?! Maybe that will make me feel better. But I just spent $200 on some lovely new bras, so maybe I should be nice to my credit card!

LOL I have I think 3 chins right now, and my already round face is a true circle!!!

Try bidz.com for jewelry, its fun (Till my hubby gets the bill LOL)

LOL!! That's where I bought my engagement ring! Got to put that on hubby's credit card too - now that REALLY cheered me up! Was a bit nervous about it cause I had never heard of it, and live is Aust, but it turned up and was SPECTACULAR!!!

Might be time to get some matching earrings...!

LOL So am I!

I can just see us both "Honey it's not my fault.. blame the steroids... at least I wasn't yelling at you for that time"