• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I have Crohn's and I am having really bad pelvic pain

Hi everyone I am new on here diagnosed with crohn's disease 7 years ago and 5 month's ago, I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I am on a 100% gluten free diet and have been every since I found out I have celiac. I am having really bad pelvic pain on both sides, but the right side hurts more. I went to the ER yesterday and they did a ct scan and said everything looked good. I am even more pain today. It hurts around the hip bone and pelvic area, and back and some rib cage pain. Does anyone have any advise, or know what it could possibly be?

Last edited:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome. Sorry you're having a rough time.

I'm not going to be much help. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Sending you my support.

Sorry to hear you are in pain, did they take any bloods whilst you were in the hospital?
Does it feel like a pain in the joints or bone? I have enteropathic arthritis in my hips and other joints and when it's really bad the pain can radiate.
Did they just check the one are on ct?

I started having some really weird and painful symptoms I have crohn's disease, diagnosed 7yrs ago and 6 months ago diagnosed with celiac I am 100% gluten free. I am currently on humira 40mg weekly. I have been having painful bowel movement and and started getting tailbone, rectal pains and some stomach pain. Now every time I have a bowl movement, it causes tailbone and rectum pain and It hurts to sit. Does anyone have any advise or know what it could be?

DJW

Forum Monitor
I hate to say it but it might be an abscess. Give the doctor a call and get it checked out.

Thanks, I will call my G.I. doctor tomorrow! Weird thing is I don't feel sick, I am just having pain in rectum and tailbone, some stomach, and ribcage pain and occasional nausea, no vomiting, or diarrhea though!!!

DJW

Forum Monitor
It may be nothing. But worth calling the doc. I had several in that area.