• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I have had Crohn's Disease for 7 years now and finaly started Remicade

I everyone,

I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when I was 17 years old, (7 years ago) I've tried so many medication out there and unfortunately none of them worked but prednisone, I am now steriod dependant. Our last option was to try Remicade, I am starting my loading doses and I have one more loading dose to go, and so far so good. I haven't had any side effects of the drug, although I can't tell if it is working at its full capacity since I am still on prednisone 20 mg's. I can't wait to be off the prednisone! It has effected me mentally, bring me in and out of depressions. Which I havent expierence before being on prednisone. I hate this drug, even tho its a miracle drug. I am 24 yrs old and after a bone denisty test, my bones are aged of a 70 year old woman! Also I can say that the only drug that has every worked for me other then prednisone (which is legal) but Marijuanna (not legal) has helped me Tremendiously.

Heres my mini story of my health history.

Has anyone had any issues getting pregnant on prednisone?

Last edited:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to forum :)

I take it when you get to a certain dose of the pred the tum then acts up? How slowly in the past have the docs tried to taper you off this and have you always been on a calcium supplement whilst on this? Do you get issues with joint pain? With regards to pred and pregnancy I think I have heard of folks being on this whilst pregnant but the ideal would be to be off it. What symptoms do you still get with the tum? I will definetly be keeping fingers crossed that the Remi can do the trick for you, if you have not already then do check out our sub forum for this: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58. Also do you know whether your vitamin levels have been checked, especially your vitamin D and B12?

Wishing you all the best and please keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx

Hey there, it's good to meet you. How long have you been on the 20mg of prednisone for?

I hope the Remicade continues to work for you!

This is a great forum, be sure to check back often.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome. Ugh, stories like yours make me so sad. We need to find a way to get you off those steroids. Have they discussed tapering you yet? If so, when do you start?

All my best to you.