• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I love that there is a forum like this!

My name is Kylie. I needed to find this forum so very much. I have been in agony for 6 weeks now with a large anal fissure, Perianal abscess and fistula. I have just been referred to a gastroenterologist with suspected Crohn's disease. I'm scared. I'm scared that this pain will never end. Has anyone else ever felt that this is what their life was reduced to? I feel I can't care for my kids or work etc? Please someone tell me it gets better!

Love and light to you all xx

Welcome. I am sorry that you have this disease but this is a very supportive group. Your doctor should be able to find the right mixture of medicines to put you in remission. Feel free to come in here at anytime with questions or to share

fuzzy butterfly

Hi and welcome. Im so sorry you are having to deal with this disease. Yes its overwhelming at first and pretty scary too.
It can take time for things to settle down and get under control. Once you are on the right meds for you,as we all vary so much, you will feel better and get back on track. You probably wont get back to 'normal' as such.. it will be what a lot of us crohnies call our 'new normal'.
Where you can get on with your life again but with some adjustments.
If you have support and understanding that helps enormously . So we are here to help you with that too. If you need to know anything just ask,if you want to just vent feel free,if you wish to share good/bad or ugly stuff we are here. As we are from all over the world there is usualy some one about to help and or listen . So again welcome and keep your chin up it will get better .. best wishes n hugs 💕

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi Kyliebroad ans welcome. I am really hoping the doctors will soon find a solution for managing your issues. Its is indeed a shock to have medical issues or a diagnosis of chronic illness. Distress is common for us when we are symptomatic or when we are in the unknown. Hang on, its very difficult at first, but most of us come to live happy, decently and adapt to the medical condition.
For additional support you can post or join the support group of people who suffer from abscesses and fistulas :
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Wishing you well.

scottsma

Hello and welcome,it's tough and stressful at first.Especially when you have children to care for,and all you want to do is curl up and weep.But it will get easier in time.It seems to take ages getting tests done,then diagnosis then trying and hoping the meds will work.
But a lot of us on the forum are free of symptoms,some for many years.So hopefully, very soon you will get you life back on track.We're always here for support and advice and a good old whinge when you feel like it.Feel better soon.:ghug: