• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I need advice please

Hi everyone
I have been struggling with fever like forever and it's starting to worry me , I have been on antibiotics and that didn't help. Does anyone know what this could be? I see my GI in January again , and they did a full blood count again. Please help:sign0085:

Ron that time with antibiotics by blood work were 15 thats all i know , they thought it could be infection i dont even know if 15 are good or bad and what the normal blood count must be. Last week they took full blood count again and do not have the test yet

Hi Christie
15 being your white blood count?
That would likely indictate infection.
Maybe the antibiotics didn't work.
Maybe you also caught a viral infection.
You have Crohns?
Where?
Other meds?
Your doc needs to find the cause. January is a long time to wait
How high is the fever?

Hi Robrich yes my white blood cells are 15, i have Ileocecal crohns. I am on salazopyrin , imuran , lansoloc. I have the cold fever and chills, my fever pen broke so i cant tell at this moment, it happens a lot like everyday

Christie. Imuran is an immune suppressant and may inhibit your body's ability to fight infection. It is also contra indicated with salazopyrin, which may not be helping your Crohns at all.
Lansoloc is for heartburn? Fever is listed as a side effect.
Probably not doing much for your Crohns either other than masking symptoms.
You could do better with a friendlier diet. Simple bland foods, no sugar, very low starches.
What antibiotic did they give you?
If your WBC is still high you may need more antibiotics.
Flagyl is often prescribed for Crohns among others. You may need 2. Cipro, augmentin and
Possibly rifaxamin in addition to the Flagyl.
You also may need to try other meds for your Crohn's
When infection is present that can be tricky.
Budesonide may be appropriate but very important you identify the source of the infection.
You may have an abscess or fistula. that is very common and causes the high white blood count. MRI, ultrasound, stool culture are some of the tests that can help determine what's going on.
Good luck.
Also avoid surgery at all costs it's only a short term solution.

Last edited:
Christie. Imuran is an immune suppressant and may inhibit your body's ability to fight infection. It is also contra indicated with salazopyrin, which may not be helping your Crohns at all.
Lansoloc is for heartburn? Fever is listed as a side effect.
Probably not doing much for your Crohns either other than masking symptoms.
You could do better with a friendlier diet. Simple bland foods, no sugar, very low starches.
What antibiotic did they give you?
If your WBC is still high you may need more ether antibiotics.
Flagyl is often prescribed for Crohns among others. You may need 2. Cipro, augmentin and
Possibly rifaxamin in addition to the Flagyl.
You also may need to try other meds for your Crohns
When infection is present that can be tricky.
Budesonide may be appropriate but very important you identify the source of the infection.
You may have an abscess or fistula. that is very common and causes the high white blood count. MRI, ultrasound, stool culture are some of the tests that can help determine what's going on.
Good luck.
Also avoid surgery at all costs it's only a short term solution.
I must admit I had a resection but the doctor said the disease usually comes back.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi christi im wondering if you have had fever for a while, if it may be related to your meds ie side effect. Maybe worth checking if that is the case. Via docs or even google just to rule it in or out of the equation. Hope you get sorted soon hunnie 💋💞

Hi christi im wondering if you have had fever for a while, if it may be related to your meds ie side effect. Maybe worth checking if that is the case. Via docs or even google just to rule it in or out of the equation. Hope you get sorted soon hunnie 💋💞
I agree.

Hi robrich thanks , yes the lansoloc are for the heartburn as i do have a hernia / gerd. My GI did mention that he would like to test for fistula but i do not show all the signs for a fistula? I did told the GI that i do want surgery untill it's absolutely necessary. My kidneys, liver and urine were clean when they tested for infections. I should tell my GI to start looking for other things and my meds. I
also do start wondering if I'm even in remission? What will happen if i do have fistula or abscess?

Hi robrich thanks , yes the lansoloc are for the heartburn as i do have a hernia / gerd. My GI did mention that he would like to test for fistula but i do not show all the signs for a fistula? I did told the GI that i do want surgery untill it's absolutely necessary. My kidneys, liver and urine were clean when they tested for infections. I should tell my GI to start looking for other things and my meds. I
also do start wondering if I'm even in remission? What will happen if i do have fistula or abscess?
They will probably want to drain an abscess.