• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I need help

My name is Andrea 29 and I'm a transsexual. I was suffering from severe anal pain and bleeding and my GI referred me to a colorectal surgeon. I had my surgery on November 27th 2012 the procedure was ligasure hemorrhoidectomy with open lateral internal sphincterotomy and it was extremely painful. Doctor said I had acute anal fissure mixed hemorrhoids. After 6 months I wasn't getting any better, so I decided to see my GI, I had gastroscopy and colonoscopy. The first diagnosis was Cecal Ulcer and he said he saw a rectal polyp and it could be rectal carcinoid. It was scary and I was feeling hopeless. After 2 weeks I had another colonoscopy and polypectomy was succesful it was benign. He ran a lot if test like TB screening it was negative. I got the ileocecal biopsy result, it was chronic granulomatous inflammation. My GI explained that there is a granuloma formation within the stroma with small clusters of epitheloid histiocytes and multinucleated giant cells seem but no atypia seen. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I'm worried cause I feel like my surgery is not healing and it's more than a year already and I won't be able to have anal again :(

Last edited:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi luscious andrea and welcome to the forum! :D

I'm sorry to hear that you're healing so slowly after surgery. Unfortunately that area can take a while to heal due to repeated sitting especially if you're having chronic inflammation. Have you checked out the Surgery section of the forum? http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71 You may find similar threads there and hopefully tips on healing.

Are you on any medication or any type of treatment for your Crohn's at the moment? Getting the inflammation under control is key to getting back to a normal life. Keep us posted on how you're doing. :)

nogutsnoglory

We have chatted on the LGBT forum but ill welcome you to our forum again.

Jennifer I had no idea sitting would keep inflammation going down there. Do you have a source? I never heard that and wonder what they suggest as an alternative like possibly those balloon ring seats.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I meant for surgery down there, it can take longer to heal post op due to repeated sitting and chronic inflammation (if its Crohn's being active at the surgical site then the tissue will take longer to heal). I didn't mean sitting causes inflammation. I can imagine that sitting on those blow up donuts may help some at least with pain.

Edit: Maybe I typed out my post wrong, I dunno. :p

Thank you Jennifer, hope you are well. I'm taking mesalamine 500mg 3 times a day, nexuim 40mg, metronidazole 500mg 3 times a day, klonopin 2mg before bed time. I'm also taking fish oil, grape seed oil, aloe extract, vitamin B12 and probiotics. I chatted with nogutsnoglory on LGBT forum and he was nice and very helpful.