• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I need some help please

I was in the hospital AGAIN due to an abdominal abscess (had a temp and felt lousy) that had to be drained in the ER. I was admitted with IV antibiotics for 2 days and then sent home with a script for antibiotics and a visiting RN to check the wound as it's very deep and only 2" wide. No more temp but I do feel sore in the drainage area and very tired. I was told that's normal.

The surgeon wants me to go on another Crohn's medication along with the Entocort I'm taking. I refuse to be on Biologics as I need the areas of my body for my Lovenox shots.

What medication are Crohn's patients taking to prevent more abscesses from occurring? BTW, the CT scan showed no fistulas at all.

Thanks for your help in advance. So sick of this. Gutless Wonderwoman

Hi,

I don't know how often you have to take your Lovenox shots? The standard Humira treatment is one shot every two week, so finding a clear site should not be too difficult. I use four different target areas, so it takes two months to come back to the same spot. Remicade is straight in the vein, so this should not be a problem if the other shots are sub-q.

Mark

What Mark said. If you take Remicade you wouldn't have to worry about "needing those areas" for your Lovenox shots.

What treatment have you had in the past? It definitely sounds like you need to be on more than just steroids. Hope you feel better.