• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I need your help to make me calm so confused

hello i need your help because i dont know what is happeninig to me i m female 28 years old ,i give you a brief story about my symptems i had gerd signs prblems with eating and acid reflux in my troat and a mild ache on my right besides rib so i go to my dr he examined and told the ache maybe is your deudonam or the colon but it was so brief information and give an andoscopy to find my problem he took 2 sample from my esophagus and my stomach and the result shows i have irritation of esophagus or esophagitis that caused by hpylory and reflux so im now on antibiotics he gave my blood test too it was normal except mild decrease of mch about 26.3 the range was 27 -32 my alubin rate was good my liver anzymes good too but my esr was high it was 25 the range of lab was <15 another test that makes me frustrating was my stool test it shows my cal protectin was in borderline 141 the normal range was<50 and the posetive was>200 so mine was between the range i asked my dr abot that he told me it shows you have iritation in your body it doesnt matter where maybe it because of esophagus then i came home and searche google it is saying this remarkable factor is just for intistine and bowel problems now i feel anxious so much my mild ache is now yet may i need an colonoscopy too?i dont know is this range of cal protectin relates to ibd?or crohn and i think maybe my mch is low because i have ulcer or sth dangerous on my colon or its just because of i had blood test right after my priod cycle!!:shifty:

When my son was in a CD flare his calprotectin was 1700. So calprotectin can get really high with CD. We did a baseline test with a colonoscopy and MRE. The calprotectin was 300 which correlated with the active CD simmering in his TI shown with scope and MRE.

I had have pylori and gastritis, no calprotectin done when h pylori was discovered but later scope that still picked up gastritis I had a calprotectin of like 156. The thing is it also can depend on the lab you use. Quest labs has a normal reference range of like <157 whereas Lap Corp has a normal reference range of <50. That can make the results feel subjective. Maybe after you finish the meds for the h pylori another fecal Calprotectin would be in order.

thank you clash i see the the papaer its in borderline of my lab s notifications i dont know my cal protecting is result of my stomach isues or not but i dont have enough symptoms of cd or crohns but my grand mah has colit ulceratiive or there is lot of family history of stomach and intinstin problem isue so im frightening but my dr is so angry that i cant tell about my anxiety to this he just say do my perscription and come again :(