• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I over did it!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Well I had to take it very slow and I sprained my wrist, can hardly type. I was scubbing the siding on the house, pulling carrots, scrubbing carrots, raking apples to get the off the ground. The bears are a pain in the butt, two there wasn't a pill for that :lol:.

So I is here, just avoiding using my right much. So basically I am useless:ytongue:. I am holding my own on my crohns, taking it day by day. Getting lots done. But my left knee still is weak and my right arm..my hearing aid broke and have to get a new one. So no more golfing :(.

My Joanie is working full time and I miss her. Ha, with being deaf, blind and blonde, sometimes I think my husband wishes I was mute :biggrin:.

Hope you are all being good. If not careful :kello:.

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Ha, with being deaf, blind and blonde, sometimes I think my husband wishes I was mute .
LMFAO!!!!!!!

I over did it! I reckon that's an understatement Pen!!!!!! I'm glad to hear that your holding your own with the Crohns and I so hope it stays that way or better still, improves.

Take care of yourself Pen and don't over do it.............:nonono:
Dusty

doh! what are you like?? take it easy, woman!

hope you feel better soon (i don't suppose any of that strain on your wrists is to do with over-gossiping on msn?) :D

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Heck no, me gossip....nah! :lol: just milking so I don't have to finish the carrots ;). The hubby is doing them now :lol:

Astra

Pen!
are you sure you've not overdone the banking with a w? ha ha ha
ooooo er missus!

Hey I miss you too, but counting the days til I'm in Thunder Bay! Not long now! YAY!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dallies

Dragonfly
Meg's doing great thanks Pen and studying hard with her A level's athough she is going to her friend's 18th birthday this weekend and next week - in fact all of her friends are turning 17 and 18! and she has lots of parties to go to - she has a busier social life than I do at the moment:ylol:

Poor me I'm just feeling sorry for myself!!!!!!:ylol:

Aw, Pen, hope you're feeling better soon and able to get in another round before the snow flies...

Joan - you're going to Thunder Bay?!??! When!!?!?

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Well the golf course has been opened but seems like everytime I get the opportunity something happens... I love golf , I stink at it (better than last year) but we have so much fun. ;)

Yes, Joan and her bf are coming here next summer ... gotta get crackin' on the room, still needs to be floor covered and ceiling in the Ensuite bedroom. :lol:

BTW you are welcome to come too anytime Sharon, mind you we are 9hours apart. But we have an airport very close!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Meg's doing great thanks Pen and studying hard with her A level's athough she is going to her friend's 18th birthday this weekend and next week - in fact all of her friends are turning 17 and 18! and she has lots of parties to go to - she has a busier social life than I do at the moment:ylol:

Poor me I'm just feeling sorry for myself!!!!!!:ylol:
:thumright: Dont worry Dallies, all the kids want to do their own thing. It usually comes around the mid 20's they come around you more (or if they need money lol) She is ok, it is normal!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:yfaint: Ugh, my wrist is still really sore! Probably slow healing because I just got off Prednisone. I feel like I live in the UK...rain , rain and more rain. :ywow:

How do you peeps in the UK stay so happy???:kello: "Ta"

Astra

Joan - you're going to Thunder Bay?!??! When!!?!?
Hiya Sharon

Yes we are! Always wanted to go to Canada, my Godmother (Auntie) is in Quebec, so we're gonna visit her and my cousin, then go and see Pen and Wally! Be great if I could see you too Sharon! I know you're all miles apart but it's possible!
xxxx

I feel like I live in the UK...rain , rain and more rain. :ywow:

How do you peeps in the UK stay so happy???:kello: "Ta"

we don't. my facebook status the other day was "bah humbug" lol.

the weather is the most grumbled about conversation topic here... and rightly so. it seems that the minute the sun shines, the authorities are warning about a drout, and then as soon as it rains, we're waiting for the floods..... uh, and snow has been forcast already - and apparently the UK grit stocks are too low, & all the grit lorries won't be running....

i'm hoping that in my lifetime i'll actually see a sensible government using logic to compensate for the effects of the british weather.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hiya Sharon

Yes we are! Always wanted to go to Canada, my Godmother (Auntie) is in Quebec, so we're gonna visit her and my cousin, then go and see Pen and Wally! Be great if I could see you too Sharon! I know you're all miles apart but it's possible!
xxxx
WHEN???.....I want to take a trip up to Canada at some point ..... I am about 3 1/2 hours from the border of NY/Canada near Montreal....

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Lisa, apparently I am 3 hours from the North tip of Duluth border, so however far it takes for you to get there, add on 3 hours. Beautiful country here. I think Joan mentions in August coming here? My husband's shedule doesnt come out til January and he has first choice for booking his holidays...seniority ya know lol.

Sue: The weather has been weird everywhere, but we have had record hot temps (thank God for Central Air) we are supposed to be having an Indian summer weather , just today and tomorrow, rain ... Then 17c on Sunday and Monday. btw you are NOT allowed to speak of the white stuff yet!:ylol2::ylol2:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
WHEN???.....I want to take a trip up to Canada at some point ..... I am about 3 1/2 hours from the border of NY/Canada near Montreal....
Crap I forgot there are two NY lol. Just like there are two Thunder Bays! Like they ran out of names :p.

I used to live South which was closer to Kingston, you are across from there. I had a trip to Vermont in the fall it was lovely!:thumright:

Astra

Wow Lisa! cooooooool, a Crohnie meet! How fab would that be?
My Auntie lives in Montreal!
Yes, it'll be in the school hols July/Aug and we've already started our Canada Saving thang!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Now I have done it..

Omg, I thought it was getting better, cleaning the bathroom and now I have made it worse! :ybatty: So now I have to stop being on here, some of you should be happy :lol:

Gonna ice it and stay off for a bit, so I want you all to behave and help one another, I can still watch you! :tongue:

I am so mad at my self! :crab:

Pen,

You need you take it easy!!
Here's hoping you're feeling better, and did you say BEARS?? Are they close to your house? What, are they stealing food or are they dangerous? Be care...:eek2:

Give yourself a break.....:hug:

:getwell:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Rosemary, thanks .. I am trying to be good. My daughter (who is 22) is taking me out to lunch tomorrow. She makes my day so much brighter!!! Today is rainy and drizzly , just rented Robin Hood and will watch it soon. If I rest any more, I might as well slip in to a coma :lol: Hope Madasin is feeling better!