• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I think i just need a vent

i think i just need a vent

Grr, so finally my consultant agrees i was right, this current state is crohns related. but now 3 weeks to wait for biopsies to find out what meds i can have (notNICE guidelines). Currently on nothing at all and suprisingly, not improving!!
I'm supposed to be going back to work on monday, just 2 days a week to start with, see how i get on . . . i work 10 hour days, work is 1 1/2 hrs drive away. I know a girl I work with is going to do my nut, I'm working myself up about it already. Again, not helpful.
Add to that the fact that i've nearly finished the dissertation for my MSc, which means I would never have that kind of stress again, ever, but right now i have tons of stress with it. I did not sleep at all last night trying to figure out how to do the statistics, I don't get given a statistician and I have no idea where to start.
Arrrgh, I just want it all over, need meds to control the disease, a shotgun to deal with said girl at work and a statistician :(
rant over

Arrgh, I hear ya!! Symptoms since Sept 2010, no meds as yet as final diagnosis to be reached. I have a hot water bottle permanently glued to my achy tum as I don't want to be poppin Paracetamol every day.
Car was due it's MOT on Monday, broke down previous Thursday. Garage having problems finding what's wrong. Had to hire a car as I need one for work and yesterday, I scraped it really badly :depressed: Back is aching, I think from all the driving in my 'condition.'
Sorry Monkey, I think I've hijacked your rant!! I'll deal with your girl at work if you take the hire car back to the garage for me!!!!
Hope things are less stressful for you (......and me) really soon.

Ah, thats great, I'm pleased you hi-jacked it! I'm pleased I'm not alone! Rubbish you are having a bad time too! My doc decided he was going to ignore my previous diagnosis of Crohns, test everywhere apart from where I was hurting and tell me it was IBS. Giving me the appropriate meds when I became resistant to the steroids would have been the most useful course of action . . . .
On the plus side, I'm maybe getting biologics :) or he's taking out the hurty bit, hang on, pass me a knife, I can do that . . . . !!! Didn't some arctic explorer remove his own appendix or something . . . .??
Random last comment, ah well!!

Oooh! Ouch! Mind you, I do sometimes feel like cutting out my hurty bits. And I did once search the house for a pair of pliers when I had really bad tootache. Too chicken and squeamish to go ahead with it though!
What's biologics? That's a new one to me.

you know the pyramid for treatment??
Goes a little like this . . . .
5asa-steroid-immunosuppressants-biologicals-surgery

everything to the left of biologicals i've failed with/can't have

It's ok, I'm tall, if we cut out the hurty bit's i'd still be a reasonable height, maybs a little out of proportion tho ;)

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I just read this thread and had to google about the guy who cut out his own appendix. I found an article if anybody else is interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonid_Rogozov

Crazy stuff! But it sounds like he at least had anesthetic and antibiotics and stuff with him. Still, it's something I'd never want to face doing myself!

Grumble: Biologics is a class of IBD meds - it's the class that Remicade, Humira, Cimzia all belong to.

Golly, I really feel for you having to wait so long just for a diagnosis!

Great sense of humour about it all though Monkey :thumright:

Wishing you all the best :ghug:

Terriernut

Grr, so finally my consultant agrees i was right, this current state is crohns related. but now 3 weeks to wait for biopsies to find out what meds i can have (notNICE guidelines). Currently on nothing at all and suprisingly, not improving!!
I'm supposed to be going back to work on monday, just 2 days a week to start with, see how i get on . . . i work 10 hour days, work is 1 1/2 hrs drive away. I know a girl I work with is going to do my nut, I'm working myself up about it already. Again, not helpful.
Add to that the fact that i've nearly finished the dissertation for my MSc, which means I would never have that kind of stress again, ever, but right now i have tons of stress with it. I did not sleep at all last night trying to figure out how to do the statistics, I don't get given a statistician and I have no idea where to start.
Arrrgh, I just want it all over, need meds to control the disease, a shotgun to deal with said girl at work and a statistician :(
rant over
Yikes! No meds at all??? Guidelines?? Huh? Sorry, if they're saying no meds cause you haven't been diagnosed...bulls$i^&. Alot of us weren't diagnosed for years and years. How about pred for inflamation (nasty..but effective).
Sorry you are going thru this!!
Misty