• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I think I may be turning the corner....thank you for all the support!

suschex

Suzanne
Well, 5 weeks ago today I found out I had Crohn's and started on 40mg Prednisone. I was so excited to have a dx and meds! The first 3 weeks...I felt such relief and hope! Then when I had very little to no improvement even after a month on the meds I felt so lost and reached out here for support and am so thankful I had this place to turn. Thank you so much for all the support and information!!!!

The exciting news is that I think I have turned a corner! I feel a bit better today and was even able to eat solid food and not feel ill or have too much pain! Just the idea of improvement of any type/amount is wonderful!!! I don't need it to be overnight or all at once, any little bit is fine! Maybe the 40mg is finally getting the flare to settle down a bit...I was really getting worried that it wouldn't be able to.

And...even more exciting, I got a call from my GI that he has statrted all the paperwork for me to start Humira...now just the wait for the insurance company, etc.

Hope is the most amazing feeling!!!!!!

This is more prove that doctors are taking the "top down" approach when it comes to meds, the earlier you start the Biologics the better chance they have at been effective, also, the name of the drug might be scary but they are called that because Humira is made from the same protein that our bodies produce.

I certainly wouldn't listen to random people on the "dangers of medication" I'd look at the 100% factual statistics.

http://www.ccfa.org/webcasts/Risk and BenefitsTranscript.pdf

Here is a great article I suggest that anyone should read when starting meds. It was a HUGE relief to actual see what the stats where considering adverse effects instead of some random person spreading scaremongering stories.

Good luck with everything, I'm certain you'll be back to feeling your own selve soon.

Woohoo!! :dog: :banana: that's so awesome. Here's hoping Humira will work it's magic on you! It's really been so effective for me. I'm so glad your getting on the road to remission. Keep feeling better and better!!

suschex

Suzanne
This is more prove that doctors are taking the "top down" approach when it comes to meds, the earlier you start the Biologics the better chance they have at been effective, also, the name of the drug might be scary but they are called that because Humira is made from the same protein that our bodies produce.

I certainly wouldn't listen to random people on the "dangers of medication" I'd look at the 100% factual statistics.

http://www.ccfa.org/webcasts/Risk and BenefitsTranscript.pdf

Here is a great article I suggest that anyone should read when starting meds. It was a HUGE relief to actual see what the stats where considering adverse effects instead of some random person spreading scaremongering stories.

Good luck with everything, I'm certain you'll be back to feeling your own selve soon.
Thank you for suggesting the transcript! I read it a few weeks ago and it was so informative and fact based! It was a great relief to those in my famiy who were afraid of the biologics as well. I have no fear of going on Humira at all and can't wait to get started! Life is long and I am ready to LIVE IT!!!!

Thanks again!

suschex

Suzanne
Woohoo!! :dog: :banana: that's so awesome. Here's hoping Humira will work it's magic on you! It's really been so effective for me. I'm so glad your getting on the road to remission. Keep feeling better and better!!
Thank you! I am so glad it has worked so well for you! Have you been on it long? How long did it take for you to feel a sense of it helping?

Have you been on it long? How long did it take for you to feel a sense of it helping?
I have been on it ten months now! It is wonderful. I can't remember perfectly but I know that within the first month I was definitely noticing improvement and was in full remission after about 2 months. Like you, I went into it with a positive attitude and didn't look back. All the people who try to scare you and disturb you with horror stories and whatnot have never experienced it, and don't realize that it can seriously change your life for the better.

suschex

Suzanne
I have been on it ten months now! It is wonderful. I can't remember perfectly but I know that within the first month I was definitely noticing improvement and was in full remission after about 2 months. Like you, I went into it with a positive attitude and didn't look back. All the people who try to scare you and disturb you with horror stories and whatnot have never experienced it, and don't realize that it can seriously change your life for the better.
I am so happy for you...that is just fantastic!!!! I can't wait to get started. Waiting a few months for it to work it's magic is nothing compared to the length of time I spent sick without a clue why...that time will fly by I'm sure!!!! Thanks again for the information!!!

Suzanne

Jessi

Yay, Suzanne! I am so excited for you! Yes, it takes time, and yes, it's worth the wait! Just like Heinz ketchup ~ "Good things are worth waiting for!" :D

I'm hoping that the Humira only works in your favor! Maybe it will even speed things along. :hug: