• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I think Remicade is failing...

Well, here I am just a few weeks after my last remicade infusion...I've been on Pred since Dec, and I went down to 5mg last week and I'm going into full flare again.

I can tell because the past 3 nights I've passed out at 9pm, dead tired. And I've been feeling dizzy and weak again going on stairs etc. (Oh and I have massive D. )

I just upped my pred back up to 15mg...and I'm going to call my GI doc on Monday if I'm not improved.

OH YEAH after lunch today my favorite feeling returned...the "I've swallowed glass" feeling.

Sigh......................

I seriously need to get off Pred.

They said they are doubling my Remicade dosage to 10 next time...

Do you guys think that will help???

My Dec remicade wore off in 1 week, and my Feb Remicade didnt seem to take at all even with me being on Pred.

What's next?

Hey Kittee, I'm in your same boat, my last infusion was upped to 10mg. Everything went okay, but we will see how long it lasts. My 5mg ones were only lasting 4 weeks. It maybe worth a shot for ya!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I was just going to ask the same question as Kim did. Are you on anything else? I'm actually on Remi Imuran AND pentasa, and I just came off pred as I started the Remi. A double dose might really work for you, and did they talk about moving it to 6 weeks instead of 8 weeks between infusions once they double it?
Also, what # infusion are you on? I have heard that it can take until the 3rd or 4th one for it to kick in all the way.
Good luck, Kittee - I hope you feel better!