• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I wish there was a label for each way I feel with this stupid disease..

For instance... I'm heavily on prednisone, I feel like crap. I'm a grown man and am lying in bed at 430 in the afternoon and I just feel like crying for no reason. I believe the over emotions are due to the preds but anyway.. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Anyway.. if I could label this something it might be.. dying in bed. Cause that's what I feel like is happening.

I could label other times too but I guess I'll have to have to wait until I'm in the think of it to get the full picture.

Anyway, I'm currently dying in bed. My kids are running around the house playing and fighting. I wish I could partake. The fact that I can't makes it all worse.

For instance... I'm heavily on prednisone, I feel like crap. I'm a grown man and am lying in bed at 430 in the afternoon and I just feel like crying for no reason. I believe the over emotions are due to the preds but anyway.. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Anyway.. if I could label this something it might be.. dying in bed. Cause that's what I feel like is happening.

I could label other times too but I guess I'll have to have to wait until I'm in the think of it to get the full picture.

Anyway, I'm currently dying in bed. My kids are running around the house playing and fighting. I wish I could partake. The fact that I can't makes it all worse.
I am sorry. I hope you feel better soon. During one of my first flares, I remember not feeling like doing a lot with my son.. I wish I had been able to do more.

cmack

Staff member
Turftech,

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling so bad. I used to practically live in my bed all depressed and feeling helpless. Maybe you should tell your doctor about these feelings. It sounds like depression to me. There are things that can be done to help. Keep searching for answers. It may take some time, but I believe there must be a treatment that could help you out. It might be an antidepressant, anti anxiety med or even a qualified therapist that could make a world of difference. Depression robs you of energy as does the disease your body faces. There is no shame in having a disease and feeling like crap. It took me a long time to come around to being some semblance of a human again.

I really wish you well and offer you my support and prayers. You can talk to me any time.
If you need to let off a little steam hit me up with a pm bud.

Your teammate,

cmack

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I'm on prednisone as well - started at 40 mg and am down to 7.5 mg at the moment. I have definitely had a lot of bouts of just crying for no reason at all. Last week Friday was my most recent one - I was driving to work, and a sad song came on my car radio. I had heard this song a zillion times before, but for some reason this time I just started bawling. Tears running down my face and everything. I seem to do this sort of thing a lot lately. For me it's just another fun flare symptom.

Are there calmer activities that you can do with your kids? Maybe you could get one of those coloring books for grown-ups and you could all color together? I also find that assembling lego sets is really fun for me (I'm 37), so maybe that's something you could do with your kids. Or some sort of craft, like origami or learning to knit? Or board games? Stuff like that shouldn't be too taxing on you physically, but could be fun for bonding with your kids.

Thanks everyone. I am working on calming techniques when I get so easily frustrated. They seem to be working. I tried some weed tonight and that helped. My kids were destroying my house a little while ago playing with a mini basketball net.. I asked them if they wanted to sit with me and have a game of UNO.. they both said "no thanks" in unison. I said "at least I tried" and walked away.

Gotta pick my battles wisely I guess.

Anyway, had my first dose of Stelera and whether it's that, or the bump up to 60mg preds I've now been on for a week... or whatever.. I actually feel pretty decent for the first time in a long time. And I've had three false alarms in a row.. which never happens.. so something is happening. Hopefully this is the beginning of my first ever remission since DX