• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

IBD Awareness Week

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
We talked about this on chat but I would like to share it on here as well....

we should all decorate our toilets for the week! lol. Guests could be treated to a royal purple throne that raises awareness. :D

On a serious note...I will probably make my own purple ribbon and wear it to work and the doctors offices seeing how I will be at those two places much of next week.

SarahBear

bettyboop12, I actually think you all have an awareness month over there. Maybe May? I'm looking it up and I don't see anything, but I'm positive I saw it mentioned somewhere when I was looking up the US awareness week.

I picked up some purple nail polish today! I'll be sporting that all next week. :)

SarahBear- May 19 is World IBD Day. I think that's the one.

Anybody know where I can get some purple ostomy bags? :)

I use purple (well, mauve anyway) nappy sacs to put my used ostomy bags in..:cool:.

We have an IBD awareness month in May, too.

A whole month? That's some nice recognition! Funny how I didn't find that when I google searched, just the day.

I think I should paint my bathroom purple? However, I just bought a fab pair of purple pumps, maybe I should wear them all weak instead of combat boots :)

SarahBear

I wore purple today! I saw a bunch of other people wearing purple too… I'm wondering if it was coincidence, or they were all supporting awareness? Haha!

Thanks guys for this post. I was googling if there was even such a thing as awareness for IBD. I did come across IBD world day and a whole month awareness in Canada. But this post showed up for awareness in US! Yaaay. And the fact that I just joined this forum over the summer. Jus made me realize how much I love it here. I've learned so much and the ppl on here are so insightful and helpful... For once, I actually wanna speak out about my disease. I've kept it to myself for far too long.

Thank You! :)

nogutsnoglory

If I'm healthy for IBD awareness week I want to fundraise for CCFA. I'd approach friends, family and strangers and tell them about the illness and that we can use every penny we can get.