• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

IDK what's wrong

I'm new here and idk what I may have but the past 4 nights and days I can't sleep or anything cause I can't poop no matter what I try,I'm puking,dizzy,hot flashing and haven't slept cause of server pains in my gut,has anyone else been though this?

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello,

Am I right in thinking you don't have any form of diagnosis?

There are a lot of conditions that can cause issues like the ones you are describing and IBD is definitely in there, another one to look into is coeliac (celiac in the US) disease. IBD symptoms can vary a lot from person to person, they may differ depending on location and severity of disease, the type of IBD and so many other things. Personally severe pain has always been a factor for me, as well as nausea, vomiting and weight loss, some people get barely any symptoms and others have a list of symptoms longer than their arms. If this is a one off you may have a "simple" case of severe constipation but as you haven't been seen by anyone I would be worried about the possibility of a blockage/obstruction. This is when something blocks up the intestine and makes it impossible for food and waste to pass through, this causes severe pain and can result in vomiting, if left untreated it can result in the bowel bursting which is a medical emergency. I would strongly advise getting checked out. Even if your symptoms end up easing I would still at least check in with your PCP as if this reoccurs it needs looking into.

Scipio

I'm new here and idk what I may have but the past 4 nights and days I can't sleep or anything cause I can't poop no matter what I try,I'm puking,dizzy,hot flashing and haven't slept cause of server pains in my gut,has anyone else been though this?
Yes, I've had those symptoms and it turned out to be an obstruction of the bowel at the terminal ileum - the main site of my Crohn's inflammation. That may or may not be the case for you. It could be something else, which is why it's important to get in to see your GI.