• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

If You Wished Upon A Star........

:rolleyes:I was musing today. So many wonderful stories about Make A Wish foundation and the wishes they grant to deserving children. :kiss:

:medal1:So my question is simple.................

If you could plan for your child to have a wish come true, what do you think your child would want?

:pika:Remember the skies the limit. :congratualtions:Nothing is to outrageous.:ptiara:

For Grace I think she would LOVE Disney World in Fl.

We would want to go at Christmas season but before the schools go on break.
Christmas is Grace's favorite season. :shifty-t:You should see my house, it looks like an elves live here. :facepalm:
In Cinderella's castle they have a store where they make you a Princess for a day.:queen:
I would have her all dolled up, she would get to have tea with all the princesses.
She would be the honored guest at the parade and get to ride on Cinderella's float (of course).
We would need to spend at least 7 days at the Wilderness lodge (a Disney Hotel) in one of the suites (of course).
That way if we need to rest we still have enough days to see everything.
We would be able to get first dibs on the rides.
Oh, a private car (I mean if your going to dream) to shuttle to all the Disney parks.
Spending cash of course. Meals on the house.
Her dad and brother would have to go to.:rof:

I think A would want a Disney Cruise. She's never been on a cruise (neither have I actually) and has mentioned wanting to do the Disney one several times. You can't go wrong with Disney!

Oh that's a great wish. We did the Disney cruise. We loved it. Nothing like taking farmers from the north and putting them on an boat............ in full sun.............. down south.:rof:

I'm a little afraid to guess what a teenager would wish for. That's the only part of this whole thing that scares me. Parents get no say in what the kids can wish for. But...

I think if DS were granted a wish it would be a trip to Australia. He's been wanting to go forever, but we only got passports for the kids last year.

Or I could see him asking for something to do with penguins... on Phillip Island in Australia.

Or Legos. Are there any Lego amusement parks in Australia?? :rof:

I talked to DS's GI last night (a Saturday night on a holiday weekend! Loving this GI!) and he's all in favor of referring DS. Still not sure how I feel about it all.

*LOL* ^^^

Usually wishes are for the KIDS, crohnsinct... but if you can talk your daughter into that, good for you!! And let me know when the party is so I can crash it!

Well FW
We had the Disney Make A Wish. It was amazing. But sadly you don't get to ride in the parade :( she was disappointed about that. You don't stay at Wilderness lodge. You stay instead at a hotel that is only for kids with illnesses. It is the most amazing place. It is called Give Kids The World. They have tons of activities, presents, and parties for the kids the whole week you are there. They have a merry go round, a train, pony rides, two pools, fishing. Oh and of course the free ice cream palace where you get ice cream all day long.
Her wish was celebrate her sweet sixteen at Disney world so they decorated her whole villa with sweet sixteen stuff. We had celebrated with a character dinner at Disney World we ate with Winnie the Pooh, tigger, and piglet. It was awesome!
Originally Caitlyn wanted to go to Austarlai or Japan but they will no longer do trips to there. I guess it is to expensive. Even though we have been to Disney before this was def. the best experience ever. Everyone treated her like a princess when they saw her make a wish button. I highly recommend applying for a wish. It is an amazing experience.

crohnsinct

Originally Caitlyn wanted to go to Austarlai or Japan but they will no longer do trips to there. I guess it is to expensive.
I also imagine since they are dealing with chronically ill and terminally ill kids with complex medical issues, travel abroad brings about a whole dimension of "what do we do in case of emergency" and medical transport etc....

I was actually wondering about his myself the other day. I actually have no clue what Andrew would want if he could wish for anything. He loves football, so thought maybe a day meeting players, etc, going to the game, special merchandise - but then he is very shy, and I don't think he would want to "have" to talk to players,etc. He also loves theme parks, so I guess Universal studios would probably be high on his list!
Crohnsinct - I agree with your wish (me and my daughter too)!! :ylol2:

For Grace I think she would LOVE Disney World in Fl.

We would want to go at Christmas season but before the schools go on break.
Christmas is Grace's favorite season. :shifty-t:You should see my house, it looks like an elves live here. :facepalm:
In Cinderella's castle they have a store where they make you a Princess for a day.:queen:
I would have her all dolled up, she would get to have tea with all the princesses.
She would be the honored guest at the parade and get to ride on Cinderella's float (of course).
We would need to spend at least 7 days at the Wilderness lodge (a Disney Hotel) in one of the suites (of course).
That way if we need to rest we still have enough days to see everything.
We would be able to get first dibs on the rides.
Oh, a private car (I mean if your going to dream) to shuttle to all the Disney parks.
Spending cash of course. Meals on the house.
Her dad and brother would have to go to.:rof:
There is a room you can rent to sleep in the castle also. A must add to your dream! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEzJGGHUzCY

I have no doubt Alex' would be to be invited to spend the day practicing with the Washington Capitals Hockey Team and be invited to sit with the team during the game. Hands down he would be OVER the MOON!!

Tried to ask Andrew what he would want if he could do anything for a day. No further forward other than "Christmas every day"! He is Christmas daft this year. :)

Jack came up with a new one last night at dinner. He wants a game room with a private bathroom with the most comfortable toilet ever!

afidz

Super Moderator
All of these wishes sound so fantastic! When I was 16 my boyfriend had cancer and he was able to make a wish. His family went to Disney for a week and had the most amazing time. Its great what Disney will do for a child.
I thought I remembered reading somewhere on here that Crohn's was not a valid disease for a wish?
If I were to ever win the lottery, I would start a foundation for kids with Crohn's or donate a large amount of money to Camp Oasis. But in all honesty, adults need a time and place to escape real life as well. I (and a few others) have talked about how awesome it would be for a Camp Oasis for adults or some type of retreat for adults with Crohn's (Like a cruise!)

My friend with Make-a-Wish said Crohn's is kind of borderline. If you have an accompanying condition like PSC or arthritis or something, it increases your chances. Also things like multiple hospital stays and surgeries. My son's GI just submitted his name, so we'll see...

Ko and I were talking about this not very long ago. One of our friends little girls made a wish. Ko said if he ever got the wish he would wish that he could meet WWE wresters like John Cena.

My friend's daughter and family stayed at Give Kids the World. I lived in Davenport for 6 months back in 2004. My friend (who's daughter sadly died) came to visit us with her youngest daughter and we were allowed to go to Give Kids the World for the day, as they had already been guests there. Jaime was 11 and loved it!!

Jaime also danced in the Disneyland Paris Parade at 13 with her Dance Company! They also did a show there. How lucky was she!

When she was younger her greatest wish was to be Cinderella in the Disney Parade! Even at College that's what her ideal job was lol.

I just asked her if she could have any wish what would it be. She just wants to feel better!!! :(

My friend with Make-a-Wish said Crohn's is kind of borderline. If you have an accompanying condition like PSC or arthritis or something, it increases your chances. Also things like multiple hospital stays and surgeries. My son's GI just submitted his name, so we'll see...
Most IBD kids have the "extras". I think it's deserved for these kids.
They are absolutely inspiring and put most adults to shame with what they have to deal with.

Hugs to everyone. :ghug:

:kiss:These wishes might not come true for everyone but they ought too.:kiss:

Crohn's kids do deserve wishes and I think more and more they are recognizing that. I love the idea of a retreat for adults with Crohn's too. What a great idea!