• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ileus: IBD or Colon Cancer

Hi, I am new here. I am a 48 year old female and have had symptoms for several months, some of them are... sporadic pain in various places in my abdomen, terrible bloating and excessive gas. Stools that got more narrow as time went on until I had about a week of no BM then nausea hit off and on along with fatigue and now leg pain and leg weakness was added, my GP referred me to a GI doctor but of course they couldn't get me in for a consult for a few weeks but said if things got any worse in the meantime, to go to the ER. One day I don't know if things had gotten much worse, if I was just overly anxious or just felt like I was tired of it all so I went to the ER and of course they made me feel stupid for coming in there since I wasn't dying at that moment! The ER doc finally pushed around on my tummy and ordered a CT of the abdomen. A couple hours later the nurse practitioner came in and said I had some Ileus and constipation and told me to follow-up with my GI appointment. I thought okay, it must just be constipation. So a few days later I looked up Ileus and realized it's not necessarily just constipation. Went to GI consult 10 days later and he looked at ER report and said the Ileus is in my small intestine, he put me on Miralax which has helped me have almost daily BMs but the stool is so narrow and tiny and very foul smelling!!! I am having a colonoscopy on March 28th. I just want to find out what is going on and begin feeling better and less anxious. No colon cancer in the family that I know of but I have a cousin that has Crohns but no one else in the family that I know of has ever been dx.
:sign0085:

Welcome. I hope you get some answers soon. I would lean towards ibd. I hope the doctor can get you on the right combination of medicine. Let us know how you are