• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Illness and Remicade

Hi,

I looked to see if this was asked before but couldn't find anything.

I have had my 3 loading doses. After the third dose, I now have had Norwalk flu, and now a bad cold in the 2 weeks since. Before this it was years since I had any such illnesses.

So do I have to live in a bubble now?? Does anyone else seem to pick up everything going around? How do you avoid this?

MAkes me sad as I was feeling really good before the flu hit me and now I am back to feeling exhausted, bloated and having an upset stomach all the time.

Thanks for any insight.
Kelley

I have been taking Remi since April 2011. 7 doses later I had only 1 sore throat. I have three young kids that get sick all the time. They all got sick and I did not get one cold. Stayed in the hospital fro 10 days when I broke my leg and got my operation and did not get anything,

You certainly do not have to live in a bubble. Everybody will get sick once and a while. It happens.

Good luck

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I agree with moogie - I've been on Remicade since 2005, and the worst I've had was strep 2x in 3 months....I did have a bout of pneumonia which probably wouldn't have been as bad if I had gone to the doctor earlier.....that is really it for 'illnesses'....