• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Illness Du Jour

So, as if Crohn's wasn't fun enough and all of the crap I've been dealing with that lately, I have a brand new illness that I've had the privilege of getting to enjoy.

Last Friday night I noticed a pain (kinda felt like a bruise) on my stomach near my belly button. I thought it was so strange and was worried that it was some new Crohn's symptom location. Then I got a small sore near that place. When I woke up on Sunday morning I had a huge patch (well silver dollar size) of rash on my back. And on top of that it felt like I got kicked in my ribs (but again no bruise) That was it...time to go into Urgent Care - Which I did Monday night. The doctor took one look at me and knew instantly.

Any Guesses???

I have Shingles!!!

Crazy! Thankfully the doctor started me on meds pretty quickly and although I had a miserable week, it seems that it has shorted the length of it! Thankfully! NO FUN!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!!

I hope the meds kick in ASAP hun, not a nice thing to have at all...:hug:

Dusty. :heart:

ugg. I had shingles in December. were you able to get the vaccine? My doctors are unclear because i'm on humira.