• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm breaking up with my GI....

Yup, it's not me, it's him. I need someone supportive and I did NOT get that vibe at our last meeting whatsoever. I was just diagnosed last week, and he is not answering my questions or listening to me at all. Was wondering if anyone here is from MA (near Boston) and can recommend a good compassionate GI doc that I could look into? I checked the doc reviews forum but did not find much near Boston listed. I want someone I can feel open asking questions (versus I am wasting his time), that can help me navigate Crohn's and pregnancy and that understands the emotional/mental impact of this diagnosis. This doc knows his stuff in terms of diagnosis and testing, but is seriously lacking in bedside manner and helping a newly diagnosed person figure out where to start. I left there crying and feeling completely alone and overwhelmed. Any good recs from someone local would be much appreciated!!

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Hi KellyMom,

It is important that you get along with your GI so good for you for making this decision.

Sorry to hear that you did not have much luck with our doctor review area. The CCFA has a listing of physician's in different cities and states you might want to check out. Just so you know though this listing does not include a review of any of the physicians and the physicians listed have paid to be on the listing. the CCFA does not endorse these doctors.

It might also help to make a post in the Massachusetts Local IBD Support Group to hear what some of the other members in your state have to say.

Thank you so much! I did not know there was a MA support group here, I am still trying to learn how to navigate the forum. I will definitely check there!

I tried to go to the local group for MA, and there are none listed. Am I doing something wrong? The link I clicked above does not work. I am sure it is just being a newbie, I am so bad at figuring this all out.