• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Im confused

Hi everyone, situation is 2011 -2012 I was told i have mild crohns while I was at fort sill Oklahoma. I moved to my new base and ended up stressing from the move and was in the hospital where they told me I had a small bowel partial blockage. They told me I can do the operation now, or in a few years ill need it since they saw some narrowing in my TI.. I decided to do the surgery June 5 and now I'm healing but what's confusing me is, I went to the GI and I looked at my chart and it said Im still mild.. how can you still be mild and need surgery? Doesn't that move you to another like moderate or something else?

Hello there, I'm sorry for what you've been through and I hope you recover in no time. Well I have moderate crohn's and let me tell you I cry at least 2-3 hours a day from the pain. It gets to the point where I can't talk cause I can only scream or throw up. Crohn's isn't a mild disease itself, I was just describing it to my husband as a vicious monster in my insides. So I don't think mild Crohn's would make it pain free or surgery free for that matter. I guess doctors have guidelines in how to stage Crohn's like by how many symptoms are manifesting themselves, how many inches of your colon ulcerated and your response to medication. I hope someone more experienced in staging Crohn's would see this and reply too :)