• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm dumb

I got pretty depressed late last winter and stopped taking my humira, skipped a colonopscopy. I just got tired of dealing with a chronic disease. I'm now starting to flare like I used to pre-diagnosis, I feel awful and I think I'm going to have to go on prednisone.

Last edited:
Ohhh chronically stinky
boy do I feel ya.
I think we all go through it where we rebel against our diseases or just plain ole ignore them. Im guilty of both and I probably will do it again sometime. When you feel well u forget how bad it was when you were unwell and how youd happily have jumped through hoops just to feel relief.

I cant really give any advice that you dont already know... call ur dr explain to them... as for general life and stress we all cope differently im still learning my coping mechanisms but we have to find them.

whether any of us want to admit it we have this life even if it wasnt the one wed have chosen and its the only one weve got so we need to find a way to be as happy as we can be.

Try and fit in some you time... I dont like counseling or yoga or any of that fancy funny breathing stuff. For me its as simple as finding a good book having a hot bath and a freshly made bed.

I hope I have at least made you feel a little less alone and a little less silly because we all do it just to remind ourselves its not going anywhere...

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Scott, it's been a long time! I hear you loud and clear. I know these feelings are in my son's future. Who wouldn't feel that way?! Take care of yourself!

Blood tests show that I have low iron. Taking vitron-c nasty tasting burps but otherwise hard to tell if they bother me or if its this flare. I've been getting bad stomach pain and I've always had ulcers in my bowel on every colonoscopy so I'm probably just bleeding. Scope on December 11, so we'll see. He had me double my Lialda to 4 pills every morning and no humira until after the scope. So we'll see what happens then.

Scoped today. 34 polyps removed. Inflammation from rectum to illium with rake like ulcers some deep. Doctor could not believe I was not more vocal about feeling bad. Back to humira plus imuran and maybe a course of steroids. Consult next Monday.

I think we have all felt like you at one point. Don't be hard on yourself now, just focus on taking care of yourself. I honestly don't think it's your fault, who would blame you if they had to live in your shoes? Please keep us updated, yeah?

Sometimes we want to just pretend that we don't have an illness, you're not dumb for feeling like that. I hope you feel better soon, I'm sorry I couldn't give any better advice xx