• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm glad I found you...

Hello everyone,

I am so happy to find Crohn's Forum. I look forward to learning more about Crohn's and receiving some much needed support.

I have been really suffering for the past three years. During this time, as a result of my abdominal right-sided pain and back pain, I have gone to the Emergency Room four times in total and I underwent CT scanning, X-rays and MRI and they could not find what was wrong with me. Finally, I was referred to a GI and after a colonoscopy, I was diagnosed with Crohn's.

I feel nauseaous a lot of the time and I am very tired all the time. I suffer from right-sided back pain on a daily basis and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this pain is related to Crohn's.

I have a lot of questions pertaining to food. I've cut out soda and milk and have been drinking juices instead. I don't know if I should be drinking juices or not. Can anyone tell me if I have to cut out all dairy products or just milk.

Thank you for reading my post and good luck to all of you.:ghug:

Susan

Hi Susan
Like medicines, treatments we all seem to benefit,react differently to different foods, drinks. I have had crohns for almost 45 years I guess now and juice just doesn't agree with me but I've had quite a few operations where a lot was removed. I don't tolerate milk, dairy products very well. No back pain, but joint pain which I think the Humira cause's. Have you had blood tests done? They are very helpful and might help you with your lack of energy problem. I hope you feel better soon.

Hello Susan and welcome so glad you found the forum. You definitely came to the right place lots of support, advice and information on here. Are you currently taking any medication? I know certain juices does bother my hubby and he is lactose intolerant. As far as pain hubby does have a lot of joint pain from Crohn's have you spoken to your GI or PCP about the pain?