• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm gonna be a dad!! :D

Well, me and my girlfriend Sarah of 5 years have been trying for the last year or so but with my Crohns..... 12 years of every drug under the sun and Sarah with PCOS and IBS we knew it could be Very difficult and the likelyhood would be that we would need IVF. But about 3 weeks ago she started feeling a bit ill in the morning and had put a few lb's on over the last couple of weeks but put it down to her PCOS and IBS, but this went on for the next week so she started thinking.... maybe she was!? So we booked an appointment with her doctor and she did a test there and then........... Two Lines! Shes Pregnant! As of now shes about 8 Week and we're both well chuffed!! :D
We've got the first appointment to meet the Midwife in 2 weeks.

Thanks everyone! :D

I will keep you all posted in here and maybe even post a scan or two as and when we have them :)

Well, we had our first meeting with the Midwife today, went really well, they are happy with everything so far, they went over our dates using their little chart thing and it turns out Sarah could actually be 12 weeks instead of the 10 we initially thought, so the Midwife rang the hospital we are having every thing done at and we've got our 12 week scan tomorrow at 5pm! :D

Well, we had the scan on Wednesday but it wasn't good news :(

At first they couldn't find anything, so after Sarah emptied her bladder they tried again and they found 2 Fetal Poles (Twins!?) But they were Far too small for 12 Weeks and no Heartbeat could be found. It looks like they stopped growing around 6 Weeks :(

We have to go to the Early Pregnancy Clinic next Wednesday to have another Scan just to make sure and see if anything has grown since the last one, but it really isn't looking hopeful as Sarah also had brown/red spotting and yesterday was getting a period like pain which is a sign of miscarriage :(

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Awe Rob sorry man!! I hope for better news but if it must happen, better it happened early. Still, you were so happy, I'm sure it's hard for you both!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Well, we had the scan on Wednesday but it wasn't good news :(

At first they couldn't find anything, so after Sarah emptied her bladder they tried again and they found 2 Fetal Poles (Twins!?) But they were Far too small for 12 Weeks and no Heartbeat could be found. It looks like they stopped growing around 6 Weeks :(

We have to go to the Early Pregnancy Clinic next Wednesday to have another Scan just to make sure and see if anything has grown since the last one, but it really isn't looking hopeful as Sarah also had brown/red spotting and yesterday was getting a period like pain which is a sign of miscarriage :(
:yfrown:Awe so sorry Rob. It is a big let down. I had a miscarriage the first time and I was told sometimes it is your body getting ready for pregnancy. Still doesnt make the sadness go away. I also believe it may not have been healthy. Wait a bit and try again... my second time gave me the brightest and loving daughter...she is now 23 and doing amazing. :hang: