• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm just done with Doc's for now.

I'm sorry my first post is a bit of a vent.

I have had GI pains from the time I was 10 and I had one of the mothers that always wanted me to eat more food. When I was 15 I was 200 pounds I had found a diet that worked for me. My mom thought it was all in my head and I think my PCP thought the same.

I'm 35 now.

Last year I ended up with real bad testicle pain and ended up in the ER. 2 weeks before I had been to the doc for testicle pain, what felt like a UTI, and all test clean. The next week back to the Doc and was sent for a Ultrasound and all clean, but put me on cipro. That Sunday ended up in the ER not being able to walk because of the pain, blood in stool and urine, and all the test came back ok so they gave me something for IBS. A few days latter back at the Doc, sent for a cat scan, was sent to the ER for diverticulitis, and had a huge amount of gas out side of my colon.

When I got out of the hospital it took a few months to get an appointment with a great GI doc. After talking to him for an hour and seeing him a few times he thinks I have had diverticulitis from an early age and have lots of smaller attacks. We changed my diet a bit and I felt a lot better.

Last week I finally went for a MRI, colonoscopy, and they wanted a few BM samples the same week. My GI doc that was going to do my colonoscopy was sick so a different doc from the office did it. Well when I woke up she was not very nice about the fact I was not very clean after my prep and then jumps me about how I should of know I had issues and should of gotten a colonoscopy years ago. Both issues I had talked to the doc about before anything was schedule. More or less the first 15 cm of my colon is in great shape, but the rest of it is inflamed, looks like crohn's, diverticulitis, and something else.

So today I get a call from the GI I don't like trying to set me up for surgery next week. I have not even done an office visit with her or gotten any results from my MRI, BM samples, and all the biopsy that they took. I tried to set up an appointment with my GI doc and the nurse says I have to weight for all the test results to come back in.

I'm still at the point that I'm trying to get my system right after my clean out. It's only been a few days from my colonoscopy and anything solid just hates me. I'm just glad I do lampwork (glass blowing) and have my own shop. When I got to work today there was no power so I had to fire up the genset to open. I don't have the power to run my kiln so I could only do smaller stuff and bent up a few neon lights that someone ordered. We did a ton of sales, but have about 20 hours of custom work I have to get done this week.

I am sorry you are having a rough time with the doctors.. I am sorry that you have this disease. Are you going.ahesd with surgery? Don't let worse damage occur to your body. On the other hand. I don't understand the doctors. Please keep us updated on how you are.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Glassblower
Welcome to the forum
You do have a lot on your plate right now so maybe you have the right idea about standing back and surveying the scene before your next move.,as long as your state of health allows you to wait a bit.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time.
Hope fully you will soon see the GI you prefer and discuss further courses of action with him.
Maybe you should call his office again and insist that he at least gives you a call.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

All my lab work has looked good over the last year except around my hospital visit.

I have read a bit, but I know there is a lot more to it all. I wounder if an anti inflammatory or some other type of med would do some good. From what I have read I need to cut down on the roughage and eat veggies that are cooked a bit more.

My MRI was on Friday and the colonoscopy was on Monday so I just need to give it a few more days before I call the doc again. I didn't know my doc was sick till I was in the holding pattern to be taken back.

Right now I feel good. Still passing a bit of blood and gas, but most of it is cleared up. I'm a bit low on energy, but I think it's the lack of food yesterday. I know the power is back on at my shop and I think a good day in my shop sitting at the torch will do a lot of good. I'm going to need a week or so notice if I'm not going to be able to work for a week so I don't take on a custom work.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi and welcome. I hope you can get this sorted out soon, it can be a dragged out process I'm afraid. Hang in there, and always push for what you need help wise. Best wishes n hugs 💕

Welcome to the forum. Im sorry for what your going through and i hope you feel better soon. Allot of support on here. sending prayers

I had a huge talk with my twins (16 year old girls) about everything and not to say anything to anyone. The one took me for my colonoscopy so she heard what the doc said. They understand and know how my mom is. I made it clear that they could ask anything, but lets do it at home after dinner.

So I woke up at 5 this morning like normal and my kid was up so she cooked us breakfast. School was going to be 2 hours late and she decided she wanted to go to the shop with me this morning and do more necklaces. We ended up just going for a long drive and talking. We both needed to hang out as I spend a lot of time working and need to spend more time with my kids.

My mom that's an RN decided today that she was going to drive me crazy. She's pissed that I will not say anything until I get the results back. Then she brought up how I never had an issues in the past, but I reminded her about the issues I had when I was 12 and was told it was all in my head.

Over all my mom just killed my mood for the day. I did get some special orders done this morning, but after my mom I just could not get into the artist mind and just did a lot of simple stuff.

I had a huge talk with my twins (16 year old girls) about everything and not to say anything to anyone. The one took me for my colonoscopy so she heard what the doc said. They understand and know how my mom is. I made it clear that they could ask anything, but lets do it at home after dinner.

So I woke up at 5 this morning like normal and my kid was up so she cooked us breakfast. School was going to be 2 hours late and she decided she wanted to go to the shop with me this morning and do more necklaces. We ended up just going for a long drive and talking. We both needed to hang out as I spend a lot of time working and need to spend more time with my kids.

My mom that's an RN decided today that she was going to drive me crazy. She's pissed that I will not say anything until I get the results back. Then she brought up how I never had an issues in the past, but I reminded her about the issues I had when I was 12 and was told it was all in my head.

Over all my mom just killed my mood for the day. I did get some special orders done this morning, but after my mom I just could not get into the artist mind and just did a lot of simple stuff.
I love this.

Why cant you wait for the "Great GI" to get back?

How are you?
Over all I feel ok. So many years of living with it. Still passing a bit of blood, but it's about cleared up. Slight pain under my left rib every time I eat that I'm not used to.

Why cant you wait for the "Great GI" to get back?
I think she is having a huge guilt break down and thinks I will be mad at her when I figure out that I have been having issues from the time I was 12, but forced to think it was all in my head and everything is normal with me.

I just want to thank everyone for giving me a place to vent.

The other twin was sleeping on the couch when I got up. She woke up when I was cooking breakfast and she wanted to go to work with me. School was 2 hours late again so I knew we would have plenty of time at the shop to get some work done (she is interning to be a lampworker).

The next big order was for custom wine glasses so we hit the glass lathe. We did the 20 wine glass order together and then let her work by her self till it was time for school. After she left for school I topped off the rest of the kiln. Just the look on her face when we opened the kiln was priceless before we went home for the day.

Over all I feel ok. So many years of living with it. Still passing a bit of blood, but it's about cleared up. Slight pain under my left rib every time I eat that I'm not used to.

I think she is having a huge guilt break down and thinks I will be mad at her when I figure out that I have been having issues from the time I was 12, but forced to think it was all in my head and everything is normal with me.

I just want to thank everyone for giving me a place to vent.

The other twin was sleeping on the couch when I got up. She woke up when I was cooking breakfast and she wanted to go to work with me. School was 2 hours late again so I knew we would have plenty of time at the shop to get some work done (she is interning to be a lampworker).

The next big order was for custom wine glasses so we hit the glass lathe. We did the 20 wine glass order together and then let her work by her self till it was time for school. After she left for school I topped off the rest of the kiln. Just the look on her face when we opened the kiln was priceless before we went home for the day.
I'm confused

you said:
When I got out of the hospital it took a few months to get an appointment with a great GI doc. After talking to him for an hour and seeing him a few times he thinks I have had diverticulitis from an early age and have lots of smaller attacks. We changed my diet a bit and I felt a lot better.
Why cant you continue to use this GI?

I will see the good one. The one that did my colonoscopy was someone else in the office because he was sick. They will not let me make an appointment to talk about all my test results until the test come back and are in the computer.

The one that did my colonoscopy is the one I don't like as much.

I will see the good one. The one that did my colonoscopy was someone else in the office because he was sick. They will not let me make an appointment to talk about all my test results until the test come back and are in the computer.

The one that did my colonoscopy is the one I don't like as much.
Sounds like you got a great support system and have everything under control!

Definitely dont do surgery without talking to the GI you like and trust.