• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm New and need some advice :)

Hi there, I'm new to this but really need some help to heal my bowls before they get really bad. I have had Crohn's/Colitis for over 20 years on and off and don't want to have to go back on Steroids to heel theme :( I need to get back to the gym as have found this helps so will start again on Monday I'm already with a gym so that's fine. I would love to know if Michael Hohlwewg's theory of mixing different foods and not works? and if anyone has tied his diet? Also I would love to know what foods are really the best to have and avoid. I do take salazopyrin tablets always but dont want to have to take anything else that isn't natural. I know ginger, flaxseed oil, pepperment oil? and things like this can help a little but please if anyone has anything else to shear with me it would be greatly appreciated. Many thx :ysmile:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What symptoms are you currently getting with the tum and are you seeing a GI about this? I have not heard of this chap or his theory but would advise you do make sure you speak to your doc about your preferred treatment method. Whilst I can understand the desire for a natural treatment it is best to make sure that the tum is tolerating this so damage isn't still being done inside unnoticed. We do also have a diet and sups sub forum you might like to check out for info in this area: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17.

AB
xx

valleysangel92

Staff member
Welcome..

Everyone with crohns is different and the foods that are good for one person may be very bad for another.. The best way to work out whats good for you is to keep a food and symptom diary so youll be able to see any links between your diet and your symptoms..

I agree with what angry bird said, the desire for natural treatment is understandable, especially when you consider some of the side effects of some medications but its very important to make sure you discuss everything with your GI and have your condition monitored to avoid complications building..

Are you on any vitamin supplements? Have you had your levels checked at all to see if you need any? This could be a good idea if not to make sure your illness isnt making you malnourished