• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm new here!

Hi Jennifer, I'm sorry I have not been able to get back to you.. I was traveling to California to see my daughter. She is 30 years old was just diagnosed with Crohns on Monday.. My name is Sheryl, I am 54 years old and was diagnosed with CD in 2004. My father died in 1972 at the age of 40, he was diagnosed with regional ileitis aka Crohns in 1959, he had 9 major operations during those years and that is what ended up taking his life.. I have two boys 25 and 18 who also suffer with Gi problems but have not been diagnosed.. I have been reading through the Crohns forum for months now and just decided to join.. I was hospitalized for the first time in late June, it began with vomiting and 10 hours later my husband drove me to ER I had an obstruction due to a stricture in my ileum, I was in for a week with an NG tube, they started me on Entacort 9mg.. In late July early August I was hospitalized again with the same thing.. The last hospital visit was October 31st with the same thing but this time they put me on 80mg of Predisone and 9mg of Entacort.. I am now down to 5 mg of Predisone every other day for the rest of this week and down to 6mg of Entacort.. I have been a hairdresser for 35 years but have had to take a bit of a break recently so I can get healthy!! I am beginning the disability process also.. That is one thing that led me to you, another thing was that you are my daughter Elisas age and that you had a blockage too!
I sent a few other friend requests to the people whom I had been seeing as i was looking up particular subjects on the forum.. I have completely changed my life over the last 7 months and spend hours daily researching as much as i can to help me get better... I look forward to talking again..
Thank you, Sheryl

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Shebbs and welcome to the forum! :D

I sent you some information through PM but I forgot to ask if you're currently seeing a GI or not. Have they discussed surgery with you at all (or other procedures that may help with scar tissue if that's the main issue)? Going on a low residue diet can also help when you're dealing with a stricture.

Keep us posted on how you're doing. :)